cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Out of Bundle Charges?

techmind
4: Newbie
Hi,

I'm a pay monthly customer, joined over 2 years ago on the £15/3GB month plan. Couple of months ago I changed to the £20/4GB plan (no new dongle, no renewed commitment).

I thought the new plan had excess data charges of £2/day/500MB (which I read as a minimum daily charge of £2 each day you use any data at all after the 4GB has been exceeded, plus a further £2 for each part of any further 500MB entered into each day).

This month I've exceeded my limit again, but received a text saying I'd be charged £15/GB. Which is correct?

Thanks.

btw: The main reason I exceeded the limit is because the McAfee trial version on my new Vaio laptop downloaded 100's MB of ??? in the background (assume maybe failed/corrupted downloads and endless retries?) McAfee has now been expunged.
1 REPLY 1

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi techmind,

Thank you for posting. I can confirm that you'll be charged £15 per GB if you go over your usage limit.

From your description of why this happened, it sounds like it may just be a one off. If you do think this will happen every month though then it's definitely worth upping your price plan to the 5GB limit. Details can be found on our Mobile Broadband page.

George
Forum Team