Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Sending Text from my dongle

cosmo040180
4: Newbie
I have am trying to reply to a text that has been sent to my USB dongle but it keeps failing, is it just my dongle or are others having problems?

I have tried this several times and re-booted laptop too ??

cheers john
6 REPLIES 6

bacupian
I have am trying to reply to a text that has been sent to my USB dongle but it keeps failing, is it just my dongle or are others having problems?

cheers john

I don't send many texts, but it worked ok for me when tried end February

You don't mention any details: type of tariff you are on, type of Dongle, operating system and version,
software used and version. Some tariffs don't allow sending of texts although texts can be received.

David

nffcmatt
If it is a Pay As You Go modem then there is a bar on sending SMS making it not possible.

Hope that helps

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

cheers john

Hi John,

Can you tell us what type of Modem you have? Currently, sending texts is only possible on Pay Monthly modems.

Jon

eForum Team

cosmo040180
Hi John,

Can you tell us what type of Modem you have? Currently, sending texts is only possible on Pay Monthly modems.

Jon

eForum Team

hmm cheers jon sort of answers my question its a old pay as you use one (the K3565 one where £15 gets me 1gb to use at my leisure)

I have definitely used it to send sms previously when did this change?

cheers john

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it has never been possible on PAYT. Maybe I was wrong............

Nice

cosmo040180
I thought it has never been possible on PAYT. Maybe I was wrong............

Nice

cheers just thinking I may have actually put my other sim card into it to send the sms

Oh well :)

still works how its supposed to no worries