cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband and 'incoming connections' is this supported by Vodaphone?

sean_jackson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, i'm keen to get a vodaphone mobile wifi/modem to use at my (remote) workshop which hasn't got wired internet in the building. I realise these devices use mobile phone signal or 3G/4G or whatever to estabish a data connection and then  connect me to the internet (presumably with my own ip address) letting me send/receive email and browse the net etc.  I would like to run my security webcam on one of these wifi modems when I'm not around so  I can access the camerra remotely (at home) - however I hear that not many mobile internet providers support incoming connections so am wondering what the vodaphone setup offers in respect to this. My webcam and remote PC would essentially be a server  permanently connected to the net and I could hopefully connect to it just as I do already on other non wifi camera setup.

Can anyone confirm if incoming connections are possible with Vodaphone Mobile Wi Fi packages and hardware?

thanks.  Sean

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sean_jackson

So we can make sure we get the correct information for you, I’ll come back to you shortly.

Cheers,

Laura

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sean_jackson

Our Mobile Wi-Fi devices support the download and upload of data.

They work just like any other Wi-Fi hotspot, in that, you connect to the Wi-Fi and enter a password. Once this is done, the connection is established.

I’d need to know exactly what you mean by ‘incoming connections’? As I’m not entirely sure of how your webcam works or connects to other devices.

Thanks,

Wayne