Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband with micro sdcard

Jonwinfield
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, I hope I can get some help.

I signed up for a mobile broadband dongle which came with the capacity to add a micro sdcard so I could use it as a USB memory stick as well.

All went well until there was a software update for vodafone mobile broadband. Now when I plug my dongle in, all it shows is the setup file, no micro SD card. I know it is not the card as I have tried it in my mobile phone and it works as well as in an adaptor in my PC.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jonwinfield,

To be honest this is a little strange however can you confirm what modem you are using?

Also what firmware did you update the dongle to?

When you plug the modem into the PC if you select start – my computer, are you able to view the external storage device there or does it not come up?

If you can let me know I will be able to look into this further for you.

James

Now you are asking!

But from what I can work out

Modem is K3805-Z

Firmware is R1.5.3.3EAGLE_R1.5.3.3

I am using Vodafone Mobile Broadband (10.1.108.29105)

Package code {F07BC1C2-C4A1-43D5-8319-44CD55F598D4}

Package name RP160

The problems started when the mobile broadband did an update

If I go into my computer all i can see VMC Lite9.4.8.21949

Hi Jonwinfield,

To be honest with you it does sound like the update has knocked out the ability for the dongle to recognise and use the memory card.

As this is a firmware update we don’t have any way to roll this back to previous versions like you can on a phone.

However, the only other thing that you can try would be to completely uninstall the modem and VMB from your PC including all f the modem drivers, restart your PC and then reinstall everything from scratch without the memory card in the modem.

This will then refresh all drivers for the modem however I’m not sure if this will resolve the issue or not.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

Hi James

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled the program (vodafone mobile connect) via add/remove then reinstalled. From memory the program that installed is like the original   vodafone mobile connect lite 9.4.8.21929 ZTE. However you mentioned uninstalling the drivers and that went straight over my head. I am running windows 7 home premium.

It is still not working, (i left the sim in when I was installing it, but took the micro card out)

Any more help would be appreciated , otherwise it would seem that i wasted my money on the 8Gb card

Thanks

Jon

Is it possible that you did a "safely remove hardware" rather than "eject" when you removed the dongle?

Please try the following:

Go to computer management (Right click Computer / My Computer), then click "Manage"

"Expand Storage" > "Disk Management", and right click on the drive you wish to change.

Click on "Change Drive Letter and Paths" and click Add.

Alternative as has been said you need to remove the drivers and VMC and then do a full install.  When you put in the dongle again you should see it re-install the drivers.  It will also install the s/w off the dongle which will be earlier than the version you downloaded.

There are some AT commands that will enable the SD

disable/enable SD

AT+ZSDRUN=8 enable

AT+ZSDRUN=9 disable

I haven't tried them so don't know if it works.

Ian

Edit Have a look here at fuller instructions on fully removing and installing.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Vodafone-K3570-Z-White-doesn-t-install-properly/m-p/...

Post #7