Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Wi-Fi App

dazlicous
4: Newbie

have an issue with the mobile wifi app on my ipad. since the latest update

everytime you switch the off device and back on data counters are resetting making it impossible  to monitor your data over the month

6 REPLIES 6

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @dazlicous

Please make sure that the app has been updated.

It might also be worth removing and reinstalling it, as this can get rid of any minor bugs.

Thanks,

Sukhi

marxph
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

this app page appeared on my tablet last week when I switched on my mobile R207 device. It asks for an administrator password, that I do not have. It only shows total volume data usage, not monthly. Do you know anything about it.  Philip

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@marxph - Please see page 7 from our user guide and this will explain what to do to retrieve the administrator password.

Once you’ve done this, in the ‘Settings’ menu, you can reset your data counter.

If you need any further help, please let us know. ☺️

Thank you Gemma re mobile Wi fi  app. The page's operation and appearance appears to vary with operating systems. When I try to use it on a windows 10 laptop, I have no settings button and cannot set any password or backtrack from that page. Using it on a tablet with android 5.01,   I can find a settings button with a blank for nickname and fo admin password. I entered my own invented values in these spaces and I am returned to be told password is in correct. How the hell do a create this password?      Sincerely  Philip

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @marxph.

Could you send us a screenshot of the page you're seeing when adding a password to your settings (please ensure this doesn't contain any personal information)? 

Does completing a reset through the workaround on page 9 help to resolve this?

Screenshot_2018-02-07-12-03-20.pngScreenshot_2018-02-07-12-05-40.pngScreenshot_2018-02-07-12-06-23.pngScreenshot-2018-2-7 Mobile Wi-Fi(2).pngScreenshot-2018-2-7 Mobile Wi-Fi(1).png

wrote:

Thanks for getting back to us @marxph.

Could you send us a screenshot of the page you're seeing when adding a password to your settings (please ensure this doesn't contain any personal information)? 

Does completing a reset through the workaround on page 9 help to resolve this?

Hello Natasha . I have encosed screenshot pictures of the mobile wi-fi app as it appears on an android tablet, Page 1, Page 2 with request for password (as web application) and page 3 with settings option for password.  I also enclose the page as it appears on my Windows 10 laptop (without messages displayed), and the page 2.

You will note that it displays incorrect password, when I try my log in for My Vodaphone.    Can you suggest how to generate a password for this system.    Cheers   Philip