Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Wifi R201 conection problem

alejandrovc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

helllo I am having problems and more problems with my conection in central london. I have the mobile wifi r 201 it used to work really fast but now I am even able to watch a tiny video in Youtube.. If I conect to that my iphone and my computer NO WAY!! it will be no able to work with the 2 devices. I contacted Vodafone (on a daily basis) since october  (nearly 2 months) and they sent me a new Sim Card, then they sent me the R-201 again and it is sill really really slow.. and I phone this morning and they will send me the Sure Signal (device that I think it is not gonna work since you need a landline to plug in... I think).... Even thought I get HUSPDA conection it is really really slow.. I suggested to Vodafone that it could be the Antena or Router or whatever used to give me signal before it is broken and they just keep on saying that according to my postcode I shoould have the best conection ever!!! I have done everything reset the r201, update the sim, format my computer, even I tried other laptops and IT DOES NOT GO FASTER (it means it is not my computer)I am desperate!!!! Any help? How can I make Vodafone to came to my area and check the servers or main routers? Thanks Anyway...

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Martin
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi alejandrovc

Thanks for letting us know what has been tried already so that you can get the fast speed signal again.

First of all the Sure Signal won't work unless you have a home broadband connection, which you would be able to get a WiFi connection anyway, so there would be no point of have this at home.

If you can have a look at our network issues thread and post pack the information from that, we can fully investigate what is happening.

Thanks

Martin

1). Does the issue happen in just one location?

Yes just @ home London W2 

2). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I put many time my sim card in a different device and it occurs as well.. really slow. 

3). Can you check your coverage here? Please bear in mind that this is only a guideline and can never be 100% accurate, particularly for indoor coverage.

the coverage should be perfect and fast enough.. I can even watch a video in youtube!!!!

4). Can you check our Faults Board, which contains all the mast issues we’re aware of.
 not faults boards

5). Does this issue happen on 2G/3G or both. To check this, you can amend your phone's network settings, our Help Centre contains all the instructions, just select your model of phone and then select "network".

It is selected 3g or automatic.. so it should be working fast enough

6). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs (if you’re uncomfortable with this appearing on the forum, then please add it to your profile by clicking “My eForum Settings” on the front page and then selecting “Personal Information”

W2 3EL

7). How far you have to travel to get signal

1 meter

8). Do you get any error messages/tones if you’re having problems with calling/texting

not error not alerts. 

john32
13: Advanced Member

Hi there

Have you noticed any chages in performace at different times of the day? have you tried using the service out of normal hours? very late or early?

I wonder if the problem might be a congestion issue, i.e. too many people trying to use the same cell. We have experienced the same in central London with Vodafone.

John

Good luck

John

Yes. I tried to used early in the morning or late in the evening/night and I gets just a bit faster but no even fast enough to open a page in myspace.... It is really really really slow... It takes agen for example to download an app from Itunes (which are really light.. you know what i mean?) the thing is that it used to work really really fast like 3 months ago and now out of the sudden I have a 56 kbps connection or kind of.... it is really deperessing... paying for a service that I do not get.... 

john32
13: Advanced Member

Sorry to say - over to Vodafone on this one . . . sound like an issue at the cell.

John

Good luck

John

Everythig should be fine.. they changed the mobile wifi once.. and the sim as well.... i dunno what it could be.. the only thing that I know is that my internet conection is crap!!!!(sorry)

Hello alejandrovic,

Many thanks for your post and for filling out the template.

There are currently two sites on the Faults Board that are experiencing issues. Until these are fixed I'm unable to troubleshoot any further issues.

Site 2548 and site 23033 are the two affected sites. You can subscribe to the threads and will be emailed when there are any changes to either of the threads. It is also worth noting that other sites will be picking up the extra traffic. Therefore congestion, as previously suggested, could be an issue.

Cheers,

Lee

Then,, What should I do?  Just keep on paying the bill and not getting the service? I am hopeless... How can I report this problem to someone reliable or with enough authority to do something in this matter?

Hi alejandrovc,

The issues have already been reported to our network teams and our engineers for investigation.

Unfortunately as we are a mobile network it is not possible to provide all of our customers with a fault free service all of the time and as such from time to time there can be network issues that impact a customer’s service which is beyond our control.

I understand your frustration around having limited service and we are working hard to rectify this issue for you and everyone else that is effected.

James