Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile

bigblue11
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi

I'm llooking to purchase around 75 Mobile Wi-Fi devices on pay as you go. They are going to be used for around 40 days in July/August. They will then be stored for use again next year at the same time. My question is will they still work? If they are not topped up for 10 or so months does this make them redundant? Can someone from Vodafone please vefiy this.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

No they won't work. The numbers go dormant after 90 days and are recycled at 180 days I think. The phones will be fine of course but you'll need to get new sim cards for the second year.

When the cards are terminated any unused credit will be lost - there are no refunds,

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks for the reply.

It's not phones I''m looking to purchase, it's the mobile wifi devices.

Can you please advise me Vodafone?

AnnS

@bigblue11 wrote:
Can you please advise me Vodafone?

Its exactly the same Terms and Conditions for mobile broadband devices.  They need to be kept active or they will become dormant.

As the SIM comes part and package of the device, you would need to purchase new WiFi broadband devices the following year.

As networks are the same, it is an Ofcom ruling that PAYG numbers (including dongles) have to be in use.  There is not an infinite supply of mobile numbers and when the numbers have not been used, they have to be disconnected and reissued.

Thanks

So basically if I was to buy 75 x R218 Mobile Wi-Fi devices they would be redundant and I would need to replace them? Is it  not possible to just add a new sim card?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @bigblue11

You'd be able to pop new Vodafone SIM cards into the devices, if the previous ones are left dormant and get disconnected.

Thanks,

Ben