Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Modem switching on and off the whole time

Wickwolf
1: Seeker

Hi there.

I have a Huawei E272 modem and received a Vodacom 64K sim card with it.

The Modem installed correctly on my Win XP PC as well as on my Win 7 64 bit as well as 32 bit PC's.

The problem is....the modem keeps on restarting as soon as it receives a signal....the light changes from red to green (I am staying in a region where I am only receiving EDGE)

When I change the sim card with a 32K card, everything works properly.

So...that forced me to rather use my Laptop's build-in 3G module and also my older K3570-Z modem with the 64K sim.

I recently acquired a newer K3772-Z modem with its own 64K sim card....and guess what? Exactly the same problem!!

Restarting with the 64K, but with a 32K sim it is working fine.

Note even any problems installing...

Can I do anything to rectify this?

Wickus van Eeden

4 REPLIES 4

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Wickwolf

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to see you are experiencing difficulties. :smileysad:

Please can you ensure you are using the latest version of VMB as this shows in the technical specification that the new software supports the k3772-Z 64bit on all platforms.

Please let me know what version you are currently running.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi there

Thanx for the reply.

I am using the program which was on the modem...

The version is : Release 10.2.302.33178  ZTE.

My problem is not with the 64bit Operating System. I tested the modem on a 64bit system as well as 32bit system.... the same thing happens!!

The problem is the 64k SIM CARD.

If I put in a 32k SIM CARD no problems experienced.

This is the problem with both modems.

The 64k SIM CARDS are working properly in the built-in 3G module of my laptop as well as in the 3570-Z modem.

Wickus

Hi Wickwolf

I see that you mentioned you have a Vodacom SIM card?

This is the Vodafone UK eForum, so I’m afraid we cannot help you much more than what has been suggested by DaveCD above.

Please speak to your network who, will, I’m sure, be able to help you get the support you need.

Thanks

Wayne

Thanx

Will do so...

Wickus