cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My dongle is saying I need to top up when I haven't used up all of my allowance.

NewGuy91
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey everyone! I’m just new to these forums but I’ve been with Vodafone for about two years now. I’m generally really pleased with the service, I mean you get the odd glitch here and there but at the end of the day you can’t expect perfection and most of the time it’s absolutely fine. One thing that happened to me recently though is on Saturday night at about 11:00pm I activated a £15.00 top up voucher and it went throuh fine. As per, to make sure it was activated I disconnected and reconected and started browsing, I even got the email through to my phone to say thanks for topping up etc. Then shortly after that I was having problems with connectivity so I logged off and logged back on and this screen came up saying that if I wanted to continue surfing that I’d have to top up again. I had only used about 300mb (honest to God) and the screen didn’t look like the usual one, it was a different one. Now, I vaguely remembering this happening to me once before and I left it for a bit then came back and it was working again but this time it doesn’t seem to be happening. I deffinetly didn’t use 2GB or anything and I just was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation for me? Also, even if I wanted to top up again (which I don’t but I will if needs be,) it wont let me, it keeps saying that there are technical difficulties whenever I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi NewGuy91

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum.:smileyhappy:

I am sorry to see this has not continued to work as smoothly as normal, please can you ensure you are running the latest software for your device.

As the majority of your query is account specific I have sent you a Private Message and all you need to do is follow the instructions.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

It would be amazing if you could take 30 seconds to complete a quick survey to aid my development. :smileyvery-happy:

First and foremost, I can't download the latest software because my internet isn't working unfortunately. I'm also struggling tryng to fill out any of these forms (of which I have no idea to choose) because even the sections of the vodafone website that I can gain access to are loading at a snails place. To be honest I don't really understand what is going on, not much has been offered in the way of an explanation even though there are dozens of reported cases of the same thing happening to others on the website. Is there any sort of explanation you can offer, also, some people with the same issue seem to have had it resolved, can't the same thing surely be applied to me? I understand that to do this you'll need more of my details but as I say it's just flat out refusing to load.

Hi NewGuy91

I’m afraid we can’t give you an explanation for this without seeing your account and seeing what is happening there.

In the PM that Dave has sent you there are also instructions on how to get in touch with us by alternative methods, if the website is not working. Failing that, you’ll need to call our customer service teams on 191 / 08700700191 to get this sorted.

Thanks

Wayne