Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NO EXCESSIVE DATA TEXT NOTIFICATIONS

B7axt
1: Seeker
I just want to know why I never received a text message to notify me that I've nearly used all my internet data. Every month I have received this text so I would know not to go over my allowance and the month I need it when my wifi broadband at home hasn't been working I go over my allowance. My normal bill is £33 a month and my last months bill was £75. I got no warning even though on the website it states and I quote " Don't worry we'll text you when you get near the end of your allowance so they'll be no surprises when you get your bill" well I never received any text. Whereas I usually do to know I'm near the end. I'm not happy about this and I can't afford to have paid this. I want to know why I didn't receive this important text message??
1 REPLY 1

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Data notification texts aren't guaranteed and should not be relied on. As per the T&Cs of data notifications:

We don’t accept responsibility for notifications that aren’t received for any reason outside of our reasonable control. You’re responsible for how much data you use

It is up to us as customers to keep an eye on our usage and make sure we don't go over if we don't want to be charged.  

Vodafone provide the tools to do this:  your online account, the My Vodafone App or by calling 44555.  You can also download a third party data monitor app and use that to keep an eye on your usage.  You may not need to do this as your handset may have this functionality built in.

PWIAC