Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New K3770 Voda Mobile broadband dongle and older none expiry type Sim Querys

FauxkingPhill
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I just bought myself a PAYG K3770 and am struggling to find the answers to a few questions I have, any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Dongle comes with £10 credit, 2x £ 5 which have a validity period of 30 day each. I don't want to start using these yet, my first question is:

1..I f I do a balnce check using the VMB v10.2 balance checker as long as I don't press the connect button It flashes a message up with my balance can I confirm this has not started the 30 day count down??

2.. I have an old sim which is still active it was one of the older type where the £15 credit buys 1Gb of data and does not have an expiry date as long as it is connected every so often. Can I use this Sim in my new dongle and keep the old terms ie none expiring?

Many thanks in anticipation....

8 REPLIES 8

FauxkingPhill

Please please please, someone one most have answers ??

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi FauxkingPhill,

As long as you're not actually connecting to the service it shouldn't activate the data allowance, but if you know there's 2x £5 topups on there then there shouldn't be any reason to check it.

On the topic of your £15 for 1GB SIM, it'll continue to work in that fashion as long as you use it regularly. You need to use it once every 90 days to keep it active.

Thanks,

Tom

You can use your non-expiring sim in your new dongle - however the settings may be different which identify it as N-Ex and it may not connect. I'm sure a mod will confirm it.

@infared wrote:

You can use your non-expiring sim in your new dongle - however the settings may be different which identify it as N-Ex and it may not connect. I'm sure a mod will confirm it.

Is this true will I have to change the settings on my new dongle to allow my old Sim to work??

Hi there FauxkingPhill,

Thanks for your questions.

You'll need to change the Access Point Names (APN's) to get the SIM to work.

The none-expiry APN is as follows:

APN: pp.bundle.internet

Username: web

Password: web

The subscription will remain active for a maximum of 270 days before the number will be placed into quarantine.

Cheers,

Lee

So, in short, there's nothing to stop you switching SIM cards between the modems, you'd just need to ensure that you change the connection type via the settings menu in VMB.

Many thanks to everyone for the info.....

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your reply I appreciate the info.

So presuming I don't connect and activate any of the credit (service) how long will the Sim remain awaiting activation before it is rendered useless?