Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New R212 MiFi Not Loading Pages On HSUPA

ramtab
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Team,

I have the new 4G Ready R212 MiFi device which switches all the time between 3G+ and HSUPA.

When on 3G+ browsing and performance is perfect, however when is switches to HSUPA I essentially lose internet connection as browsing, email refresh etc just does not happen (usually get page cannot be loaded error) - even when on 5 bars HSUPA.

Why is this and what can be done to remedy?

Thanks

78 REPLIES 78

Hi,

I'm having this same issue with 3 R212 devices. Could somebody send me a link to the new firmware so I can try it out please.

I've tried calling vodafone support to get it however I've been told everything from there isn't a new firmware through to, and I quote "vodafone in your contract don't guarantee a network that will work all the time and you must be experiencing network issues, unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this."

A fix would be very much appreciated!

Ed

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ed,

There isn’t any latest firmware to update for the R212.

Please follow the steps here so we can look into this.

Thanks,

Gemma

Thanks for you reply.

I do appologise, I must have misread all the posts about about people being sent links to a new firmware, noted as v3.5 and other people saying it fixed their probems.

On that basis I'll just have to go ahead and complain to your head office to get the contacts cancelled as I have 3 useless bits of none working kit.

Thanks for your help.

Just to calrify, the 3 devices I have are running firmware v3.1 as the people in the posts before have said.  But as this v3.5 they have been sent doesn't exist then I guess that's that!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ed,

My mistake I thought you were already on the 3.5 version.

I’ve just sent this to your email address that you registered to the eForum with. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi there... Could the beta formware be sent to me too?

thank you

Hi davork2014,

I've sent this to you via your eForum email address.

Please follow the instructions I've included.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Gemma,

I recently bought a second hand R212 and its firmware is version 3.1.

I am experiencing all the problems as described in this particular forum.

Can you please send me the 3.5 firmware, or the latest version available?

Thanks.

Regards,

Hock Hin

@Gemma wrote:

Hi Ed,

My mistake I thought you were already on the 3.5 version.

I’ve just sent this to your email address that you registered to the eForum with. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Gemma

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @leehockhin

I’ve sent this to your eForum registered email address. :Smiling:

Please follow the steps in the email.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hello, I also have issues with no data transfer on HSUPA mode with an R212-Z unit on V3.1 firmware, could you mail me the V3.5 firmware please,

cheers

Pete