cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Older Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

If your require a version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband software that is older than V10.3.400 please reply to this post and one of the team will be able to get this sent over to you.

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that we are no longer able to send out software older than Version 10.3.401.

If you need to reinstall the software for your modem, please remove the existing software, run the clean up tool from here and then reinsert your modem into your PC.

This should install the Vodafone software from the dongle itself, provided it s a plug and play model (i.e. doesn't have non-pnp written after the model number on the back of the dongle).

In the event that you don’t have a plug and play style modem, please let us know and we can advise you further.

James

View solution in original position

98 REPLIES 98

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @raimooo 

If the software is not listed here then I'm afraid we no longer have that version of software available.

Thanks,

Sukhi

drj
11: Established
11: Established

On behalf of all the people asking for copies of old software, would one of the Tech Team please advise WHY you don't have it available? Surely you haven't lost it !!!

Surely it's better for someone to be able to get their equipment working on YOUR service than give up and buy equipment from OTHER mobile providers?

Please explain where my logic is going wrong here.

EDIT - the inability of your forum software to permit auto-spell-checking strikes again!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @drj

It's because the older versions are no longer supported. 

We're only able to provide the current ones, that are supported. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

Lots of people on this forum are asking you for the software, not (or at least not so much) for support for that software. You'd make us happy if you were to make the software available again, but mark it as no longer supported. The alternative is that we have to trawl around the internet for dubious copies that other people have posted, which surely can't be in Vodafone's interest.

Precisely - I've just come on here to respond and find that someone else has said virtually the same as I was about to say.

Surely it's better having people use what you regard as obsolete software but which works perfectly for them, rather than force them to either upgrade or worse, go to one of your competitiors.

Though having said that perhaps your competitors would provide a better service - I'm perfectly happy with where I've gone...

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jeremygibbons and @drj

As outdated software isn't considered secure, it would be irresponsible for us to be handing it out on an official channel.

This stands even if it came with a disclaimer.

Apologies if it's not the answer you hoping for.

Thanks,

Ben

hsclater
4: Newbie

I have a E870 mobile connect card. Please can you send me the software as per the 1st post.

Thanks

jbmcr
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have a Vodafone Mobile Connect USB Stick Model: K3565 Rev 2 which doesn`t work with my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit operating system.

Please can advise me on how to enable it to work.

Many thanks,

JB

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jbmcr I've checked this for you, and can see that your USB stick isn't included in our list of compatible devices for our latest software.

We recommend you pop in to your nearest store, and we can advise you on an up-to-date replacement.