cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Older Vodafone Mobile Broadband Software.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

If your require a version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband software that is older than V10.3.400 please reply to this post and one of the team will be able to get this sent over to you.

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that we are no longer able to send out software older than Version 10.3.401.

If you need to reinstall the software for your modem, please remove the existing software, run the clean up tool from here and then reinsert your modem into your PC.

This should install the Vodafone software from the dongle itself, provided it s a plug and play model (i.e. doesn't have non-pnp written after the model number on the back of the dongle).

In the event that you don’t have a plug and play style modem, please let us know and we can advise you further.

James

View solution in original position

98 REPLIES 98

Hi and thanks

Sorry for the delayed reply but I have been on holiday

The software worked fine with my dongle and Win 7 64bit

Thanks again

Good evening.

I've a Huawei E172 usb stick also. Could i get the VMB version 9.3.6.12095 as well for Windows XP SP3?

Thanks!

headcheese
16: Advanced member

Hi,

If you've got an installer on the E172 itself then you'd be limited to using this. This should work fine on XP, though.

If there's not an installer on the E172 then you don't really ahve much choice but to upgrade your device to one that's compatible with the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband.

A list of the devices compatible with the latest version of Vodaofne Mobile Broadband can be found on the associated read me.

If you have trouble running the installer on the E172 or using VMC thereafter feel free to let us knwo what's happening and we'll see what we can do to help.

Cheers,

HC

Hello again,

The E172 has an installer (VMC Lite ver 3.x) which work on XP.

But i have bought a new SIM card, which works with VMB ver 9.3.x or newer.

So, when i'm installing VMC Lite ver 3.x, the SIM card isn't recognised and when i'm installing VMB latest (and only) available version (10.3.405) the usb modem isn't recognised.

Thats why i'm searching for a VMB that supports both E172 usb stick and SIM card.

Thanks!

headcheese

Hey,

That sounds a bit wierd as I thought the sim detection is handled by the E172 when it powers up rather than the Vodafone software.

It's also possible to establish a connection without VMB or VMC installed and if VMC or VMB was needed for sim detection this wouldn't be possible.

Are you taking the E172 out of one PC with VMC 3.X installed where you got the "cannot detect sim" message and plugging it in to another machine where it works fine?

Is there any difference in the light status of the E172 when switching between machines? 

You could try creating a dial up networking connection to see if that makes any difference (instructions on this thread and remember to replace <apn> in those instructions with the APN provisioned on your account. How to work out which APN is provisioned on you account is detailed here).

Alternatively if you've got the installation files for VMC 9.X on your working PC you could use a USB stick to put this installer on your problematic machine.

Let us knwo how you get on.

Cheers,

HC

Blurt
4: Newbie

I have a k3565-rev2 that is no longer supported with latest software,
im using xpsp3.I believe 10.3.201 is most up to date that works,can you
please confirm this and provide me with a download.Thanks.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Blurt,

You dongle is compatible with 10.3.201 which I've sent to you in an email.

James

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update to let you know that we are no longer able to send out software older than Version 10.3.401.

If you need to reinstall the software for your modem, please remove the existing software, run the clean up tool from here and then reinsert your modem into your PC.

This should install the Vodafone software from the dongle itself, provided it s a plug and play model (i.e. doesn't have non-pnp written after the model number on the back of the dongle).

In the event that you don’t have a plug and play style modem, please let us know and we can advise you further.

James

could i have the software too please? i update my windows 7 and now everytime i connect the dongle has to install the driver.

may be i need to reinstall?

thank you

J.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jenyamar.

I have sent this through to the email address you registered with here on the eForum.

DaveCD