Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Outlook not sending emails PAYG Mobile Broadband

webtechs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since moving from pay monthly (no issues) to PAYG for my dongle I have the problem that very often my emails will not send. It's not consistent and sometimes everything is fine, but recently the problem has been getting worse. I can send emails fine when connected to my home network, it's just the dongle that appears to be the issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have read a few posts saying I should register for a 360 email address(?) , but to be honest I shouldn't have to do that I just want what I have to work consistently and correctly. I don't want to register for something I do not want in order to get something that should work (and does work sometimes) to operate properly.

If anyone can help I would be grateful as I would like to avoid swapping providers because otherwise the Voda connection is OK.

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

to be honest I shouldn't have to do that I just want what I have to work consistently and correctly

I agree - I can't believe that changing the SMTP server would make a difference in terms of consistency if it *sometimes* works using the dongle, especially if it worked with the post-pay dongle.

However, unless you can find any log files to indicate what is going on, I would probably take a guess at SMTP authentication problems.

You do not say which SMTP server you are using currently - does it relate to your home network provider? In any case, are you set up to authenticate to your SMTP server when you connect to it? If not, I would try this - authenticating using your incoming mail server details.

Neil

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi webtechs

Thank you for your post and your patience has been greatly appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Our 360 service is closed to new registrations and will cease to exist after 31st  December the service is closed completely.

Neil_Brown has raised some great points and this information could really help us to resolve your query.

Please also ensure you are running the latest software for your device and let me know how you get on.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team