Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Data

moptop
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all!  I bought a Mobile wifi thing today from pc world.  It says it comes with a free 1GB of data but I can't for the life of me figure out how to activate the data.  It's nearly driven me insane just trying to register the damn thing -  I'm at the point of throwing it at the wall. There's no code on any of the paper work that came with it. I've read enough to know I have to top up then buy a data pack but how the for-goodness sake do you do that when you're using the free included data??? Aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!!

All help gratefully received! 

Thanks, Sarah

12 REPLIES 12

drj
11: Established

Have you asked PC World?

My advice would be to take it back, get a refund, and hook up with another ISP...

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @moptop

Welcome to the eForum.

Has this been resolved now?

If not, have a chat with our Live help team.

@drj

Can we help with anything?

Cheers,

Laura

Yes please - you can advise why the long-running principal topic on the changes to the non-expiring data dongle fiasco has been withdrawn

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Archive/Mobile-broadband-PAYG-change-to-top-ups/td-p/1664330/highligh...

... and please reinstate it for the benefit of people still discovering about these problems.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
From time to time posts, where there has been no activity for a while, will be removed In order to reduce the number of threads on the forum which in turn makes thing easier to find. It also improves the forum performance. This is laid out in the T&CS you had to agree to when signing up.

I think it is very unlikely that the thread will be reinstated.

PWIAC

drj

That's all very well but this was an active topic and it was the key one for people with K3565 dongles. I believe they've deleted it owing to the bad publicity generated.

drey_p

@drj wrote:

this was an active topic

So active, in fact, that it had no new posts for well over 3 months. Therefore it wasn't an active topic.

@drj wrote:

I believe they've deleted it owing to the bad publicity generated.

Believe what you want but they don't remove posts because of bad publicity.  Looking around the forum will prove that.  

PWIAC

drj

So how do you know it had no recent posts?

drj

There are LOADS of topics in the listing which HAVEN'T BEEN DELETED !!!!!

Check out the index to this one - 154 pages dating back to a last posting made 

drey_p

@drj wrote:

CLEARLY Vodafone aren't deleting postings which are just inactive for three months. There MUST be another explanation.

The last post was made in that thread at the end of September - that is more than 3 months ago. You clearly want an argument about some conspiracy theory that you have.  You have been told the reason why, but choose not to accept it.  That is up to you, but I am not gonna keep going around in circles explaining it to you.

PWIAC