Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay As You Talk Reconnection

mamma
Not applicable
My PAYT card has been disconnected. May I reconnected from abroad or need to go back to the UK? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi mamma,

A warm welcome to the eForum! :D

When you say your number has been disconnected, do you mean that you’ve dropped off the network and just generally having problems abroad? Or do you mean that you’ve not used the phone in a few months so it’s been quarantined/suspended?

If it’s been suspended due to not being used for a while, there are a few ways for it to be reconnected, however if the number has been disconnected for a long time then it may have been recycled.

Firstly, try making a chargeable call (just to any landline or mobile) for a few seconds.

If that doesn’t work then topping up should get this sorted. :)

Should you still be unable to use your SIM following the above then let me know and we’ll check your account.

If you’ve dropped off the network whilst roaming, then you’ll need to perform a manual roam and phone reset as follows:

• Attempt to connect to Vodafone Live! and whilst this is still connecting, remove the battery.
• Take out the SIM card and replace the battery only.
• Turn the phone on for about 10 minutes
• After 10 minutes turn the phone off, remove the battery and replace both the SIM card and battery and turn on as usual.

If you’re not sure how to perform a manual roam then let me know the make and model of your phone and I’ll provided a step by step guide.

Let me know how you get on. :)

All the best,

Jenny
eForum Team

I live abroad and I think my sim card has been disconnected can I get it re-connected?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @TimothyMoore

If it’s been unused for over 180 days we may not be able to reconnect this.

Get in touch here and we can check everything further.

Thanks,

Jenny