Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Signal In Cornwall

adamcarts
4: Newbie
Hi all,

I've just come back for a holiday in Cornwall and I'm really disappointed with the network signal quality down there. Most of the time it was either non existent or just so poor we were registering 7mps. Even in the major towns; Truro, Penzance, Newquay, and more, it was patchy at best. Connecting using my dongle was worse than using my iphone 3GS, and that was so slow too. I just don't know how Vodafone can sell Mobile Broadband down there. Is there going to be investment in improving the network there?
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Shuriway,

To be honest there could be a lot of reasons for the signal issues down there including network coverage or cell site issues.

In regards to investments we are currently investing millions of pounds into our network improving signal strength and capacity across the country, i think last year we spent over 1.5 million pounds investing in network improvements and this work is set to continue in the coming years.

James
eForum Team

My dad lives in Cornwall and my mobile phone (HTC HD2) does not work there at all! When I say doesn't work I can't even make a phone call the signal is that bad. I have also had problems in South Wales as well. Thankfully my contract is up soon and so I will be switching to another network.

Hi SirTiberian and welcome to the eForum

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems with your signal.

So that we can have a look at why this may be can you let us know the specific postcode of both locations and we’ll take a look from our end.

Thanks

Wayne

IanBarnes
1: Seeker
My dad's postcode in Cornwall is PL27 7SJ. The signal is non-existant on Vodafone and my HTC HD2. Oh and that means 2G as well as 3G. I have to put the phone into airplane mode otherwise the battery dies very quickly as it ramps up the power to try and reach a base station. I also had problems with signal in Newport, South Wales as well. Luckily for me my contract is up and I have my PAC and I have ordered my new phone and I am going to T-mobile. At least my dad has no problems in Cornwall with them.