Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Signal in WC1X

D1904
2: Seeker

I have never had a problem with the vodafone signal in the WC1X area before and I have been with the network for over 10 years.  Unfortunately the last two days have been dreadful.  The phone signal goes in and out and even when I have a full signal I can not send receive texts messages or phone calls.

I called Vodafone (from my trustee landline) and they informed me there is a problem in this area, which also boarders EC1 & N1.  Vodafone are updating all signals from 3G to 4G in time for the Olympics.  They apologies for the disruption and even offer a small credit to your account for the inconvenience, however could not tell me how long I would be without signal! 

This really is unacceptable that we should all suffer and pay for a service we are not receiving.  How long is this going to last??????

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi D1904,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

James
eForum Team

TEMPLATE

----------------------------------

1). Does the issue happen in just one location?

No all over my home

2). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes in our home we have a PAYG & a two Contract mobile phones all through vodafona, they both have the no signal/connection problem.  However, there is no problem with our T-mobile mobile phone.

3). Can you check your coverage here? Please bear in mind that this is only a guideline and can never be 100% accurate, particularly for indoor coverage.

It says it's fine but that contradicts what the representative told me yesterday

4). Can you check our Faults Board, which contains all the mast issues we’re aware of.

Not seeing anything on there for WC1X

5). Does this issue happen on 2G/3G or both. To check this, you can amend your phone's network settings, our Help Centre contains all the instructions, just select your model of phone and then select "network".

Yes

6). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs (if you’re uncomfortable with this appearing on the forum, then please add it to your profile by clicking “My eForum Settings” on the front page and then selecting “Personal Information”

WC1X 9BH

7). How far you have to travel to get signal

Not sure, I am just going out so I'll take note when/if the signal comes back

8). Do you get any error messages/tones if you’re having problems with calling/texting

yes it says the network is unavailable

This is now the 3rd day with nothing, my husband was having problems before, but my two phones have just stopped

----------------------------------

Also, please ensure that the subject is relevant to the issue as this will help when other users perform a search. If you're comfortable with it, including the postcode in the subject would also be helpful.

Once you've posted, we'll then look into your issue as soon as we can.

I can get a signal outside my home, but no longer inside...what is happening???

Any News?

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

There is an issue with site 873 which is your local serving site. This is being investigated under reference 2396509. We’ll have this back up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

Thank you for the confirmation, I hope this issue gets resolved ASAP I have now had a bad signal in my home for weeks and no signal in my home for for the past week.  Please keep us up-dated and can you please let us know when this issue is due to be resolved?

Many thanks

Same here. Have been having this problem since 11 April. Postcode: WC1X 0HD. It seems that my phone (iPhone) does not work only if it is inside the house. 

I have just turned off 3G and it seems to work now: I can send sms, call and surf the Internet.

walkingwords
Same here, and it's gone on into today. I have to walk 15 minutes away before any kind of reception comes back. Relieved to find it's not only me though. Hope it gets resolved quickly.