Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem with K3765 modem

realraptor06
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello again to everyone here. I have bought a new computer, installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and then Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite (one that comes with the stick - bear with me, i have updated to the newest version as well).

From time to time i get random disconnects, and the only thing I can do is unplug the modem, go to task manager and kill the mobile connect task then plug the modem back in.

At first I thought it was a network problem, as I had them in the past and it will go away. I downloaded the latest vodafone mobile broadband aplication and I get the same thing.

Today I noticed something that made me realise the problem is not with the network coverage but with either the dongle or my hardware.

I noticed that right before I got disconnected Windows gave that message that appears when a new hardware is detected and installed. it only stood there for a fraction of a second and i managed to read just something about my Huawei dongle being plugged in, then installed. Right after that VMB disconnected.

Now, from that I get that somehow Windows see that I plug in the device and automatically searches for drivers and installs another instance of the drivers, thus my vodafone aplication get confused and needs a restart to "see" what is the active modem.

If i unplug the dongle at will when my internet is working, Windows doesn't give that message that it's installing new stuff, it just beeps and that's it.

So, can someone please explain to me why this is happening? Is there a hardware problem with the dongle, or with my SO?

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there realraptor06,

Thanks for your post.

From your description here I would suggest you've got too many instances of the drivers on your machine. Deleting all remnants of previous installs will resolve this one.

Please could you delete these instances and fully restart the machine? Once the machine has restarted, complete the same power down and power up again.

Does the dongle do the same on an alternative machine?

Finally, could you confirm which versions of software you are currently running for both VMB and VMC? There's also no need to have both VMB and VMC running on the one machine :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee