cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems connecting through the Raven XE 3G device using Vodafone simcard from USB Dongle

DangerousDick
1: Seeker

Hi,

My USB dongle is getting very unreliable (physical connection rather than network) so I got my hands on a Raven XE H2295E-W device to use instead.

I've entered in the apn details as 'ppbundle.internet', user 'web' and password as 'web'.

I get a successful 'Network Ready' in the status and a solid green light.  I get an IP (last one was 10.70.210.128) and it all looks good but I can't connect from my laptop.  I can access the RavenXE device through IE to complete the settings / check etc but can't access anything over the internet.

The Raven is connected directly to my laptop through an ethernet cable and there is nothing else connected.

Can you help please?  Do I need any other settings to enter into the device?  Is it at all possible to use the simcard in this way?

I've checked through 'google' and it would appear that the RavenXE device is approved by Vodafone but I can't find anything to indicate I need to enter any further details?

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard.

3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DangerousDick

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum from me and the rest of the team.:smileyhappy:

I understand you are having difficulties with this however there is very little information around this.

Please could you place the SIM back into the dongle and check the apn settings, these may be different whether you are on Pay As You Talk or Pay Monthly, you can also see these on our Help Centre.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Hi Dave,

I'm connected through the USB dongle right now - it's 'bodged' onto an extension cable as the plug end isn't servicable anymore.

When I open up the 'Mobile Connect', got to 'Help' and 'Diagnostics' and 'Network' tab I see the APN settings as 'PPBUNDLE.INTERNET', user as 'web' and password  as '???'.

When I insert the sim into my RavenXE device I enter the settings above and get a solid green light on the network indicator (I used to use a BTInternet Sim in this device and it worked fine once that light went solid).

I've tried upper, and lower, case on the APN settings and am using 'web' as the password.

I can access the RavenXE device through IE and when I was using it with the other ISP's sim card it worked a treat, nothing else has changed in my network settings etc.  In the 'Mobile Connect' programme the 'LAN Connections' area indicates that a connection has been established.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Richard.

Hi DangerousDick

I’m not really sure what else we can check with this not being a Vodafone piece of hardware. However, I’ll ask a few of my colleagues and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne