Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R201 default password problem

Staplebug
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have a R201 and cannot log into the admin\set up website (192.168.0.1) I have tried using the default "admin" password with no luck.

I have also tried "Admin, Broadband and broadband" but still get "The password you have entered is not correct"

I have completed a factory reset but still unable to log in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32

YorkshireRiffer
4: Newbie
If the default password of admin is not working then there may be a browser issue, try the following: Use a different browser to the one you currently use as default (Internet Explorer / Firefox / Google Chrome / Opera). Use Firefox with the "do not track" privacy setting disabled: - Click the "Firefox" button at the top left. - Click "Options". - Click the "Privacy" tab. - Uncheck the "Tell web sites I do not want to be tracked" option in the "Tracking" box.

I have exactly the same problem and it's doing my head in.

I've called Vodafone twice and both times they've said they don't have a solution. They say the password is definitely admin, suggested I reset the device. 

I've even updated the firmware, tried the Firefox workaround and nothing

Vodafone tell me they can't reset the password even though some forums claim that this is how they had it fixed.

At my wit's end.

Have you tried connecting to the device using the USB cable rather than a WiFi connection (or vica versa)

Yeh tried both.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

There is no connection between the network and the R201 device which enables us to reset the password.

The default password is indeed "admin" (all lower case), and the only way to reset the password is to reset the device to factory settings using a pin to depress the master rest button in the hole on the bottom of the device. You need to keep this held down until the device is fully reset.

dazburn - can you try this for me and let us know how you get on?

Staplebug - can you ensure that you keep the button fully depressed for me until the reset is complete? It sounds like the R201 has not been allowed to fully reset.

Dave

Tried this multiple times but no luck

i am having exactly this same problem.  I have tried accessing entering the password from multiple browsers on multiple PC's and reset it at least half a dozen times, holding pin in for long duration.  Even tried swapping the device under warranty, but the new one has the same problem.  Has anyone worked out how to log in to this please?

Thanks

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

As the above steps should work in all cases, I would advise popping into your nearest Vodafone store so that they can test and investigate this first hand.

This will also mean that if they do find an issue this can be raised immediately so we can get to the bottom of this.

Dave

Hi Dave

I did that, popped into my local store with the device, and they told me they had no technical capability in-store, that they were Sales focused, and that I should contact Vodafone Support - so a wasted journey, not to mention the charges for car parking.  Unfortunately Support seem to be struggling with this particular problem.