Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R201 default password problem

Staplebug
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have a R201 and cannot log into the admin\set up website (192.168.0.1) I have tried using the default "admin" password with no luck.

I have also tried "Admin, Broadband and broadband" but still get "The password you have entered is not correct"

I have completed a factory reset but still unable to log in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi All,

[Post edited to remove content, see below]

James

It works. Finally!!

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update- it turns out this is correct functionality for any Enterprise/Corporate R201 devices. Access to the admin pages is controlled by your IT team, so you'll need to contact them for help.

If it's definitely a personal device which you've purchased, then let us know, we'll contact you to verify the purchase and then provide the passcode to access the admin pages.

Thanks,

Tom

Just a quick query... I'm having the same issue too. What was the solution as it seems to be hidden from the forum. Thanks in advance.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Matus

Please could you confirm whether you have a personal or corporate device. This way we can definitely advise on which course of action to take.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

This is a corporate device.

Can you please post the solution to this again. It seems your original post has been removed. Many thanks in advance.

Mat.

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member

Tom's guidance, above, should help here:

If it's definitely a personal device which you've purchased, then let us know, we'll contact you to verify the purchase and then provide the passcode to access the admin pages.

Neil

Hi Neil,

This is a corporate device and therefore I need to contact the IT department. What do I do if I am the IT Department and I can't get into the device?

That is, I opened up the device from the sealed box (ie. I cut through the "I'm secure" sticker on the box after confirming it had not been tampered with), charged the battery, turned it on, joined it to an IPad2 and Laptop, confirmed I could "surf the web" by doing a speedtest (www.speedtest.net - 3.5mb down, 1mb up), successfully navigated to the Management Page, typed in the default password of "admin" and the device came back to tell me it was not correct.

Then did a factory reset on the device (held in button until the Vodafone Logo re-appeared - then continued to hold it in a little longer to be safe), checked the IPad2 and Laptop (both reconnected without issue), navigated back to the Management Page, and the default password of "admin" still didn't work.

Any thoughts?

Neil_Brown

What do I do if I am the IT Department and I can't get into the device?

Have you tried turning it off then on again? :Winking_smiley:

Hopefully one of the eForum team can help you here, with a default password!

Neil