Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R206 mifi

tonilee
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just got a R206 but with no manual or anything else,just the unit. Firstly do i need anything else aprt from a sim card to get it to work ? Also I hope to use it on holiday in Egypt ,will I need to get it unlocked even thought the Egyptian sim would be vodafone ?

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @tonilee,

You just need to insert the SIM card and then plug the dongle in to your computer.

The relevant software should then install automatically and you'll be good to go.

You'd need to request an unlock code to use an Egyptian SIM card.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt I don't have a sim . Do I just go I to a vodafone shop and get one . I am a vodafone customer fir my mobile phone 

Also on various sites it says you need the card with the password o. . There is info printed on the inside if the back cover . Is this sufficient ?

Hi @tonilee,

To use the UK network, you'll need to collect a Vodafone UK SIM. You can do this from your local store.

If you choose to unlock your dongle, you need to insert a non Vodafone UK sim card and then plug the dongle into your PC/laptop. Once you've done this, load a web browser and you'll be presented with a page where you can enter your unlock code.

Thanks,

Matt B