Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R207 Mobile Wi-Fi Device - Unable To Get Refund

sasha1672
2: Seeker
Could a Vodafone member of staff please help me? I purchased the above device on 21st December for mum mum for Christmas but we have discovered that the 3G coverage provided by you in our area is very limited and therefore the device does not work. Therefore on 4th January I phoned customer services to request an envelope to be sent so that I could return the device, as per the returns policy. After 4 working days when it didn't arrive, I phoned customer services again and was advised to wait another couple of days otherwise a new request would have to be raised which would cancel the old request. I waited another couple of days and the envelope still didn't arrive. I phoned customer services and was then told that they didn't do returns for items under £60 - I have never heard of anything like this before. I was then told that the matter was being escalated because there was no trace of my calls to customer services even though every call is recorded. They took a note of my mobile number but obviously I have not received a call back. I know that Vodafone is trying to avoid refunding me but I am perfectly within my rights to be refunded and it is still within the 28 days and I need someone's help urgently to solve this problem. Thank you, Sophie.
2 REPLIES 2

sasha1672
Please can someone help me? I purchased a mobile wi-fi R207 on the 21st December but unfortunately there is no 3G coverage in my area and therefore I am unable to use it. I would therefore like to return the product and get a refund. I phoned customer services on the 4th January to request an envelope to be sent in the post as per the returns policy on the website. After 4 working days when it hadn't arrived, I phoned to advise that no envelope had been received and was advised to wait a few more days as a new request for an envelope would have to be made which would cancel the existing one. After another 3 days, I phoned back to say that I had still received no envelope. I was advised that my request was now getting escalated and that I would receive a call tonight with the outcome as they had no record of my calls despite it saying that every call is recorded. I also have a note of my calls on my Sky phone bill. I have received no phone call and I have been waiting on the phone to customer services for 30 minutes before giving up. I urgently require help as I am perfectly within my rights to request a refund within 28 days, please could you help me? I feel as though I am just being ignored. Sophie

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sasha1672

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

Get in touch with our Live help team and they can look into this

Thanks,

Jenny