Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @utunik, I've popped you an email over with the firmware update 👍

mikebreen
Hi there, could I be sent the new firmware update also please, having the same issues with the r212 as everyone else
Thanks
Mike

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

Apologies, we seemed to have missed your posts.

Is everything resolved now or can we help further?

Thanks,

Jenny 

@Jenny wrote:

Hi guys,

Apologies, we seemed to have missed your posts.

Is everything resolved now or can we help further?

Thanks,

Jenny 

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Hi,

Can you please send me on the latest firmware for R212 please?  Currently on 

Version – 2.008.5513

Thanks,

Patrick

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@patricknagle I've just popped an email over to you 😊

I'm having issues with my R212 - appreciate it is a long time later (and it is probably unsupported), but would you be able to share the latest firmware update?

Thanks!!

Hey @jonbakermk I hope you're well 😊 If you drop a message to the Social Media Team here they can check with the Tech team and see if this can be sent out. Alternatively, you can speak to the Tech team directly via 0333 304 0191

Well, after a 2.5 hour "customer service" marathon talking with 6 different teams across Vodafone (and in the process seemingly talking to half the working population of the Indian sub-continent - OK, perhaps a slight exaggeration), I still haven't found anyone who knows how to get hold of the firmware (or to be honest, even really understands what firmware is).

At this stage, I have the feeling I'm more likely to randomly stumble across Amelia Earhart sipping a Unicorn Juice cocktail in The Amber Room on the lost city of Atlantis, than actually get a useful response from Vodafone.

Utterly hopeless!!

For all the readers of this thread, I don't think it's worth wasting time with devices likes the R212.

There are much better 4G/5G modems/routers out there like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZyXEL-NR7101-OUTDOOR-MODEM-ROUTER/dp/B08HS21JQS

Some like the above even support OpenWrt, which offers very frequent firmware updates and a vast array of features - more than you'll likely ever need.  

Or even just a cheap Huawei router coupled with an outdoor antenna mount like this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poynting-Directional-antenna-GSM-3G/dp/B0862F769W