Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RAS Error 635 on Lenovo T410 and X201

gilkesy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We receive this error message when trying to use a contract 3770 on either of these laptops running Windos 7 64bit but, when using the dongle in a HP laptop running the same systems, the dongle works perfectly.

I have tried to change the APNs but I am not given this option.

Any advice?

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gilkesy and welcome to the eForum

The error code RAS635 is a very general one, and doesn't really give us much in the way of useful diagnostics - however, there are a few things I would like to check just to cross them off the list of possible causes.

Firstly, if you go into Control Panel > Phone and Modem Options > Modems - do you have more than one 3G modem listed? If so, delete ALL of them, and also delete the dial-up connections from within Network and Sharing Centre > Manage Network Connections.

Then restart your PC with the modem unplugged, and wait for it to fully boot before plugging it back in. Let the software load fully, and wait for a few seconds for the device to acquire a port and signal. Press Connect, and see if this now works. During the first connection attempt it may automatically fail while it re-writes the dial-up settings, but try it three times in a row, and hopefully it should now be working.

If it is, then make sure you always use the same USB port for your modem - as putting in different ports will create multiple instances of the device in Windows, and the connection software will get easily confused about which one it is supposed to be using.

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here