You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

Request To Change My Top-up Plan

I'm currently on the £15 / 1GB top-up plan with no expiry date.

I'd like to change it to the £15 / 3GB top-up plan with a 30 day expiry date.

I'm using the older Vodafone mobile broadband dongle without the "R" suffix - (purchased Dec 18TH 2009)

I wonder if someone on the e-Forum team can help me with this ... thanks.

regards, nikev21
Message 1 of 9 (2,212 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

I may be able to swap modems ( or SIMs ) with you :-)

I have the opposite desire

David

I'm currently on the £15 / 1GB top-up plan with no expiry date.

I'd like to change it to the £15 / 3GB top-up plan with a 30 day expiry date.

I'm using the older Vodafone mobile broadband dongle without the "R" suffix - (purchased Dec 18TH 2009)

I wonder if someone on the e-Forum team can help me with this ... thanks.

regards, nikev21
Message 2 of 9 (2,212 Views)

I may be able to swap modems ( or SIMs ) with you :-)

I have the opposite desire

David

thanks for the offer but prefer to keep this SIM & Dongle, I'm getting good speeds on vodafone now using this combo

If someone on e-Forums can contact me regarding changing my payment plan I would appreciate it, my credit is about to run out ... cheers.

-
Message 3 of 9 (2,212 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nikev21,

I can definitely understand why you'd want to change to the newer offer as you get much more data for your £15. Essentially though, these are two separate products so the only way in which you'd be able to switch onto the new offer would be to purchase a new modem, this can be done via any Vodafone Store.

George
eForum Team
Message 4 of 9 (2,212 Views)

Hi nikev21,

I can definitely understand why you'd want to change to the newer offer as you get much more data for your £15. Essentially though, these are two separate products so the only way in which you'd be able to switch onto the new offer would be to purchase a new modem, this can be done via any Vodafone Store.

George
eForum Team

@George
Hi George I've already got 2 Vodafone Dongles and don't really need to add a third.

@dexdyne2
Hi David if your still interested in a straight swap your Rev 1 + SIM on 30 days for My original Rev + SIM with no expiry date, PM me.
I tried to PM you but I'm blocked from sending PM's on this forum, don't know why?
Message 5 of 9 (2,212 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

Apparently I'm also blocked from using the messenger feature :-)

if you stick "dexdyne" into google there's only one of us - give me a call or something...

I've now worked out how to get my new modem to work with "old" SIMS... so I don't need to swap modems though we can if you prefer.....

We'll also need to get these nice vodafone people to "deregister" the SIMs so we can reregister it to ourselves, but they've done that before for me...

my credit runs out at the end of the month too - so there needn't be any cash involved.

I hope these Voda marketing guys have got what they wanted out of the change-over coz they've certainy p'ed off enough existing customers and caused enough confusion in the proccess....

David Collier

@George
Hi George I've already got 2 Vodafone Dongles and don't really need to add a third.

@dexdyne2
Hi David if your still interested in a straight swap your Rev 1 + SIM on 30 days for My original Rev + SIM with no expiry date, PM me.
I tried to PM you but I'm blocked from sending PM's on this forum, don't know why?
Message 6 of 9 (2,212 Views)

Apparently I'm also blocked from using the messenger feature :-)

if you stick "dexdyne" into google there's only one of us - give me a call or something...

I've now worked out how to get my new modem to work with "old" SIMS... so I don't need to swap modems though we can if you prefer.....

We'll also need to get these nice vodafone people to "deregister" the SIMs so we can reregister it to ourselves, but they've done that before for me...

my credit runs out at the end of the month too - so there needn't be any cash involved.

I hope these Voda marketing guys have got what they wanted out of the change-over coz they've certainy p'ed off enough existing customers and caused enough confusion in the proccess....

David Collier

David the back of this dongle reads "Model: K3565 Rev-2 HSDPA USB Stick". It was ordered online just before Xmas, delivered after Xmas, and first registered by Adam_Vodafone from this forum on 31st December 2009, he also removed the content control bar. I suspect it's the non-expiry type but won't know for sure until 1st Feb 2010, if I still have credit on that date it's the non-expiry type, if I'm taken to the top-up page on 1st Feb 2010 it's the 30 day type, I'll let you know on Monday. I've added an email address to my profile if you want to contact me, ( there are too many entries in google for "dexdyne") - cheers!

Message 7 of 9 (2,212 Views)
Tech Team

Hi everyone,

For security reasons, we've disabled IM on the eForum to protect everyones details. The APN can be checked with customer cqre for your dongle and they can confirm whether it is one due to expire or not so it may be worth checking beofre any exchange takes place off site.

The decision to expire the data was purely done to allow us to give Pay as You Go customers as much data as pay monthly ones; I know which I'd prefer given the data I use all the time ;)

Cheers, Ben
eForum Team

Message 8 of 9 (2,212 Views)

Hi everyone,

For security reasons, we've disabled IM on the eForum to protect everyones details. The APN can be checked with customer cqre for your dongle and they can confirm whether it is one due to expire or not so it may be worth checking beofre any exchange takes place off site.

The decision to expire the data was purely done to allow us to give Pay as You Go customers as much data as pay monthly ones; I know which I'd prefer given the data I use all the time ;)

Cheers, Ben
eForum Team

It all depends on your usage Ben, some like the non-expiry dongle because they don't use 3GB of data in one month. Vodafone were unique because they were the last mobile broadband service provider to offer non-expiry dongles.

I want a 3GB / 30 day Vodafone dongle simply because I have 2 dongles of the non-expiring type, so one of each type would suit me better,

but really it's no big deal for me, last time I checked I had 4 different types of mobile broadband dongles on 3 different networks,
so you could say I'm a fan of mobile 3G

:)
Message 9 of 9 (2,212 Views)