Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stop Vodafone from spying?

DanielMeahMT3UK
4: Newbie

Hi

Does anyone know any APN's alternative to the default ones (Which have Bluecoat enabled) i rather my browsing be my own business and not voda's.

7 REPLIES 7

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Any connection you make on the Vodafone network is monitored by Law to protect minors from inappropriate material.

Vodafone only monitor the sites you try to access for this purpose.

If you really want to be invisible online the best you can get at the moment is to use the Tor network.  I've tried this and found it to be annoyingly slow at times.

_365_
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Just remember no-one is really slightly interested in what anyone looks at on the internet(or calls text etc)....

...until they post a thread like this... :Winking_smiley:

" Just remember no-one is really slightly interested in what anyone looks at on the internet(or calls text etc)...."

How do we know that though for sure. Vodafone has quite a shady past

"Any connection you make on the Vodafone network is monitored by Law to protect minors from inappropriate material."

What law would this be? I dont know of any such law (Yet)

I rather keep my online banking and emails personal. Dont know why you lot disagree with me.

Nabs

I have nothing to hide :smileytongue:

Online banking uses a secure encrypted connection as does my email service so nobody can actually see what i'm browsing unless they were to capture and decrypt the data packets.

Its not about hiding anything its about keeping ones privacy and not sharing it with companies such as vodafone. And the hardware is quite advanced and it may be able to peer at HTTPs connections. FYI the same hardware is used in Syria

Nabs
Then you would be best running everything through a system like tor. They have an android app. Not sure about iPhone or others.

RetiredTom
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Daniel,

Vodafone, along with all other mobile providers in the UK, aims to provide a safe online environment for users of its mobile network, and has signed up to the UK code of practice for the self-regulation of new forms of content on mobiles.

Under this Code of Practice, Vodafone has committed to offering customers a filter, to help prevent access to online content which may be inappropriate or harmful - That's Content Control. If you don't wish for your Internet access to be filtered, just follow these steps to get it removed from your account.

Vodafone also filters against the Internet Watch Foundation’s block list, to prevent access to indecent images of children - removing the child profile has no impact on this filter.

Vodafone does not offer an alternative APN to bypass these filters.

Thanks,

Tom