Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Streaming problems with TuneIn Radio app

if-you-like
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has any ideas - but I use the TuneIn radio app on my iPhone 4.

Now the problem I'm having is that certain types of stream are either unplayable - or really unstable using Vodafone's network (but are fine on WiFi or the o2 network).

Prime example in the app is if you try Absolute Radio 90s:

- 160K Ogg Vorbis stream = fine (but of course - not fine for my data usage!)

- MP3 or AAC streams = not fine. It either sits there buffering for ages - or if it does connect, the audio is constantly jumping

My suspicion is that there is a problem with streaming certain types of HTTP stream on Port 80 using Vodafone's network - where as several other streams (such as XFM and their AAC stream) appear to stream just fine.

I'm using the Contract APN (Internet, web, web)  - but have also tried the WAP APN, doesn't seem to make any difference. Similarly this happens with a strong 3G in multiple locations (including when on the move in the car).

Does anyone else have any experience of this? Or can anyone from Vodafone advise as to whether it's the sort of thing that is likely to ever be fixed?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi if-you-like,

To be honest I’m not too sure about this one however, I have flagged it with our support teams to try and find an answer for you.

When I have more information I will be back in touch.

James