Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to connect to mobile device

richvernon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a HP EliteBook 8530p laptop running Windows 7 Professional SP1 Bit. A Huawei K4505 which I have updated the firmware to 11.870.02.10.11.B455. VMB version 10.2.302.33178.

It failed to load the Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adaptor from this release stating not for supported platform. I retried loading device driver V6.0.1.290 [20/06/2011] and V6.0.1.278 [20/12/2010] both failed. The only driver that would load was V1.0.2.904 [22/06/2009].

When I load VMB, it detects the mobile connection but in devices the enable box is greyed out and it will not connect.

Can you help.

Cheers

Richard.

6 REPLIES 6

MTL
13: Advanced Member

Try this:

remove the adapter.

in the VMB software, remove the device, so that you have nothing there.

reboot

launch VMB

plug the adapter back in.

I had a similar glitch on XP, and that resolved it.

Hiya,

Tried this, removed device, rebooted, driver failed to install correctly and device not loaded. Tried to add it back in, but it fails to find it.

I have the exact same problem running Vista. The dongle works fine on my other Laptop but no matter what I try with my aDVENT I get a device detected but will not connect (Greyed box) and it does not see the SIm number nor allows credit checking. Any ideas?

When you are running VMB version 10.2.302.33178 did you first of all completely remove the previous version via control panel -  add/remove programs?

I have used that version on both Vista and Windows 7.

You could try a program like MDMA instaed of VMB, which gives you loads more information on whats going on.  It does need the drivers to be installed.

The only problem is that it may not display the usage - depends on dongle model - but there are other programs such as Netmeter that you can use for that.

Thanks for the info, MDMA looks a usefull and simple APP. However that also struggles connecting but at leasts attempts unlike the VMB. Keep getting the following error code using both VMB or MDMA = Error 619.. I wonder if it because I have not used my SIM for a while and the buggers at VF have deactivated the sim. I had £15 worth of credit on there, BUGGER!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi FauxkingPhill

Thank you for your posts, in order for me to take a look if your SIM is still active please complete and reply to the email I have sent to your registered email address on here.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team