Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone K3570-Z White doesn't install properly

Knonfoda
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OK, 

I've brought a Vodafone Mobile Broadband Dongle, the K3570-Z to be precise. When I insert it into the USB port, it doesn't do anything, but Windows recognises a dongle has been inserted.

I manually open the installation program, allow it to open, then it goes through the installation. After a while though the installation window just disappears, and I have two icons on my desltop, the SMS one and the Vodafone Mobile Broadband one. I assume its finished, so I click on the Vodafone Mobile Broadband Icon, and all it tells me is ''Do you wish to cancel the stup, yes or no' and clicking on no just has the message repeat itself over and over again, and Yes seemingly uninstalls it, only to tell me its been unable to close all programs and these will be uninstalled after a reboot.

I've even tried downloading a different version of the software, (which on the dongle says its 10.1) The earlier software seems to install properly (it actually asks me if I want a custom one or standard install, if I agree to the terms, etc etc, which the one on the dongle doesn't do) but even after it says 'Installation Complete' when I click on Vodafone Mobile Broadband it gives me the exact same message.

What seems to be the problem here?

My PC is 64 bit, dual core, 2gb, Windows Vista Home Premium, service pack 2.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi 50bellevue,

Thank you for the reply. Have you tried downloadinfg the latest version of software? It can be found here: VMB Version 10.2. Give that a go and let me know how you get on. Also, it's worth trying the manual connection described by Ben above, if that also fails then please let me know the exact error message you see.

Kind Regards,

George.