Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone R206-z + Mac OS X Yosemite compatibility issue

Nicolaas
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I've been using my R206-z wifi router for some time now, in conjunction with my Mac Pro via USB (tower, no wifi receiver) without issue. Since I updated my OS to Yosemite I've been unable to access the Web UI after plugging in the device. I've tried reinstalling the included Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi software to no avail. When inserted my device seems to disconnect after a few seconds (the disk icon labeled "VF Quickstart" appears for a few seconds before greying out and disappearing). This however does not happen when the Mobile Wifi software is uninstalled - the device remains detected, but is rendered useless as it doesn't seem to be picked up as a Network Device on the computer, and thus the Web UI cannot be accessed by entering the router IP.

I've tried updating to the latest software (Vodafone Mobile Broadband 4.10.04.00), but this does nothing (and the device is not detected by the software).

It's a rather urgent matter since this is my work computer in question.

Thank you,

Nic

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Nicolaas

This is something we’re aware of.

The latest broadband software isn’t available yet, but keep an eye here for further updates.

Cheers,

Laura

Lara12345hearts

This really not good enough Vodafone....do keep on top of developments!

I have had exactly the same problem. As I am a monthly payer for a mobile broadband I will have to cancel it and get something that is compatible to Mac OS X Yosemite. Surely vodafone will lose a lot of business as customers using the OS X Yosemite goes elsewhere for their mobile broadband service? I will try to contact Apple to see which does.

I had a Vodafone customer service representative suggest that I UNinstall my OS X Yosemite operating system so I could use Vodafone's mobile broadband device. Unhelpful! : (

Hi @Lara12345hearts 

I'm disappointed you feel like this.

As soon we've got an update, we'll post it here.

Thanks,

Ian

Lara12345hearts

This really not good enough Vodafone....do keep on top of developments!

I have had exactly the same problem. As I am a monthly payer for a mobile broadband I will have to cancel it and get something that is compatible to Mac OS X Yosemite. Surely vodafone will lose a lot of business as customers using the OS X Yosemite goes elsewhere for their mobile broadband service? I will try to contact Apple to see which does.

I had a Vodafone customer service representative suggest that I UNinstall my OS X Yosemite operating system so I could use Vodafone's mobile broadband device. Unhelpful! : (

MohamedNour
I am a Mac user and I am very upset from nearly 4 months
Vodafone must show some care, it is only a software update

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We're still waiting for an update, however you could try the steps posted here.

DaveCD