Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone shame - VMB 3G broadband USB and Yosemite

imagician
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Come on Vodafone. You have the resources. Even small companies manage to upgrade their software in advance of OS releases which are advertised months in advance. We pay you subscriptions to do this with competence.

It's like 3-4 years back when you totally dropped the ball. MacOSX Lion I think. Months before the compatble version of VMB was released.  Disgraceful then. Disgraceful now.  You learnt in between. What did you forget ?

So some of us cannot upgrade our company Apple laptops because you've not got your act together. Others mistakenly upgraded to Yosemite forgetting, or not realising that their 3G or 4G mobile connectivity would be killed.

Your customer services agents are embarassed. 

Get to it.

Dominic

(Removed according to House Rules)

13 REPLIES 13

hi

nothing to be embarassed about. 

we're all shocked and appalled at the situation that Vodafone has allowed to occur and its complete failure to be pro-active.   It seems that it considers it acceptable for paying subscribers to be left swinging in the wind with no solution.

Vodafone markets mobile connectivity solutions, it selects technology partners like Huwaei for it's 3G and 4G devices, and it persuades its loyal customers to trust it to operate services that work.

We can forgive a week or two of TFD, but not months and months.  If it cannot make VMB work over the hardware that it recently sold to us, then it owes it to us to offer replacement 'mobile dongles' that actually work, free of charge at this stage.

Vodafone is not being fair to its customers.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
No posting on this forum can be taken as a formal notice of anything as you haven't gone through DPA security. Also if you read the T&Cs of your product you'll probably find a clause that doesn't obligate them to do anything.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Another community champion doing anything but championing the community. 

TaulantBalla
1: Seeker

Yes, what a shame, it has been months now that I can't use my VMB 3G because the software no longer works and there is no update. And to see the official response from Matt here is disappointing. No update, no ETA, nothing.

It's interesting because this means Vodafone is and will lose customers, but I guess that does not seem to be an issue here.  Strange.