Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone shame - VMB 3G broadband USB and Yosemite

imagician
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Come on Vodafone. You have the resources. Even small companies manage to upgrade their software in advance of OS releases which are advertised months in advance. We pay you subscriptions to do this with competence.

It's like 3-4 years back when you totally dropped the ball. MacOSX Lion I think. Months before the compatble version of VMB was released.  Disgraceful then. Disgraceful now.  You learnt in between. What did you forget ?

So some of us cannot upgrade our company Apple laptops because you've not got your act together. Others mistakenly upgraded to Yosemite forgetting, or not realising that their 3G or 4G mobile connectivity would be killed.

Your customer services agents are embarassed. 

Get to it.

Dominic

(Removed according to House Rules)

13 REPLIES 13

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It was the same when XP went to Vista and beyond. Don't expect anything to happen soon.

I've had lots of operational accounting software that would not live with XP service pack 3 for a long time or the latest version of MS Office.

This is not a lone instance - there are loads of large companies that do not port their services/software to newer version of OS's. The iPhone 6 and 6+ has been out for a while now and there are many apps that have not optimised their software for the new screen sizes and resolutions - Whatsapp is the first one that comes to mind.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Indeed.

Good companies do.

My 3G/4G dongle is less than a year old from Vodafone.

Perhaps the regulator might take an interest and force the operators to issue refunds of monthly subscriptions whenever the operator fails to meet its obvious obligations.    

Vodafone formal request from me: please refer this to your compliance and regulatory affairs team.

Hi @imagician,

We'll certainly feed this back internally. 

For the latest updates please visit this website.

Thanks,

Matt B

Matt,

This information is useful for anyone who wants to upgrade to Mac OS prior to Yosemite! The latest changes acoording to the link you sent the latest version on Vodafone´s site is:

Changes for Mac Version 4.10.04.00

• Support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks
  • Bug fixes and operator configuration changes

The update for OS 10.10 is still not available and is causing infinite problems for anyone who depends on Vodafone Mobile Broadband when travelling.

Urgent news is needed please!

Thanks

David

for goodness sake, Vodafone !

What the hell are you doing ? Why no updates ? why no information ?

You could at least commit to setting expectations.

And if your difficulties are to do with Apple or to do with Huawei or other suppliers, why not come clean ?

You are profoundly failing in terms of transparency and competence.

Thank you.

Dominic

(Removed according to House Rules)

Hi Dominic,

We don't give timescales as this can lead to disappoitment if the date slips.

The best place to check for the latest software is on the link in my post above.

Thanks,

Matt B

There ia still no solution available for this problem and according Vodafone no estimate as when a solution may be available. After weeks of using 2 computers and webmail I finally mamanged to speak to someone intelligent at Vodafone Portugal technical assistance who suggested that I get the Vodafone Mobile Hotspot kit! I was informed that this requires no software installation and would work with my VMB sim card.No need for a new contract.

Checked out at my local vodafone shop, bought the R207 for €20.00 plus a few viva points and installed the K305 sim (which is on contract). 

I now have WIFI on my dongle account anywhere in Portugal but no dongle software update to worry about! Very happy that as well as having higher transfer speeds both for up and downloading and the ability to use the Mi-Fi on my i-Phone at the same time.  

Hope this might help other frustrated dongle / Yosemite users.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The only issue with that is that this is the UK forum and therefore the products and services on offer may be different to Vodafone Portugal.  Viva points for example, are just one thing we don't have over here. Prices are another difference

Having said that, a MiFi device may indeed help people here should they wish to make the purchase and avoid having to use a dongle.

PWIAC

My apologies for using the UK forum to make my comments but as my search on the Portugal forum showed no concern, or at least no topic, for the Yosemite - Dongle issue I seached the UK forum for a possible solution. Unfortuantely the fact that there is still no sight of any software upgrade from Vodafone (worldwide) I thought that the solution I found in Portugal might be helpful elsewhere.

I appreciate that comercial conditions change from country to country and hope that I have not misled people with the Mi-Fi solution I have been able to use in Portugal.