Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodfone 3G Set up on Android Tablet... Help Please

jons515
2: Seeker

Hi,

Had to create a new account on here as it kept telling me my username is incorrect because a '.' was used

Motorola Xoom 3G came yesterday after a long wait to get it for a good price.

Set everything up fine so far apart from the 3G.

Now i have a Vodafone dongle pay as you go (K3565 Rev2) works fine on the laptop and the chap at Vodafone said i can take the sim out and use it in this tablet so i have put it in searched for my Vodafone network it brings up the signal bar in the bottom right but says no internet connection, i have tried the 3 APN settings but nothing happens. Not sure if have to create a new one or something?

I have asked on the Xoom forums and they have said it might be worth asking on here as well as the chap in the vodafone store did say something about settings i need to do a while back when i was interested in the tablet.

Thanks for any help in advance, I could really hit my head up against the wall today, Feels like a bloody waste of money lol!

Regards,
Jon

3 REPLIES 3

jons515

All sorted i guessed it all out.

Vodafone tried today but gave me all the wrong settings.

Actual settings to create a APN is,

APN- pp.internet

USER: web

PASSWORD: web

Not pp.internet.co.uk as they tell you.

This is for the non time expiring dongle by the way.

If anyone does happen to read this and knows of how i can find out how much credit i have left on the tablet (like the laptop software has a program to check the balance) let me know please.

Cheers,

Jon

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

jons515, 

Not sure if it will definatly work but you could try the My Vodafone app. It's free from the market.

original.png Download the app using the market Icon or click here

It's designed for pay monthly contract customers so may not be able to pick up the account details from the SIM. Alternativly you could try an app called My Allowance,  does a similar sort of thing but it's not free

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Yes you do need to make a new APN

But as this is a Dongle Simm the Vodafone server may chuck you out

Tablets do work on the wap service like mobiles now you could try the wap settings that Vodafone use just search for a smart phone and sett up a wap account

But i could not garantee this

What would work is if a 3g Mobile account was linked to this one account that may be possible but will be a different simm, this will use the wap settings but will nead a data allowence