cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why are you ripping off your customers by hiking data prices unfairly? (a fifty percent increase!!)

TheAggrieved
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sure... I’ve read that it’s because only ten percent of your customers actually use "what they pay for" which was three gigabytes worth of data. Although, this surely doesn’t make any sense... If ninety percent of your customers don’t use all their data, then what they don’t use is pure profit for you guys... surely. It’s not as if they get to keep the data they don’t use. It doesn’t carry over to the next month. No, it just disappears!! Which is money in vodafone’s pocket because that data, even though it was left to go unused, was still paid for.

Do you not think that you’ll be losing customers left right and centre over this?? The ten percent of people that you’re now ripping off aren’t going to be happy at all, are they? So they’ll be taking their business elsewhere... (I know I will be!) Ahh, but what does vodafone care?? When you realise the money you’re losing because of this... You’ll simply raise the prices again so that the ninety percent (the people that are likely to stay) pay for the loss that you’ll clearly incur. Although it seems vodafone are too short-sighted to see this...

How you can treat your customers like this is beyond belief... Although, hardly surprising from a money-grabbing company like vodafone. Also, the naivety of thinking that people won’t switch over to a better deal, even if they’re not managing to use all their data, is quite comical. People will switch... even the customers in your precious ninety percent will switch because they may have liked having the safety net of being able to use more data if they so wished... Which has obviously been taken away from them now. Not to mention the potentially new customers that won’t even bother with vodafone now because what’s the point when they can get a better deal for less? Great work vodafone!! Continue dumping all over your customers... I’m sure your shareholders won’t be at all displeased when your customer base begins to dwindle... along with the profits!!

(I deliberately haven’t capitalised the Vee in vodafone throughout this message as a sign of disrespect...)

T-mobile, 3, any other service provider other than vodafone... here I come!!

20 REPLIES 20

Odin
4: Newbie

Well said mate, once my date is used it will be bye bye voda

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

Most people are scared to use there phones and dongle in case they go over there data plan to stop getting charged 

If your on a 1 Gig yes you get a txt ofering you a extra 500mb for £5 But under you get Nothing, No txt or warning 

This is yet anoth example of rip off Briton so the fat cat bosses can get rich faster

How Vodafone can make Money

1. Get rid of the Naff Tecnical Support

2. Get a Proper Customer service 

3. Stop ripping off there customer

4. Have a 3G network that work 

Oh 3 out of the 4 We did Have three years ago 

Thats when i was proud to be onVodafone 

You say that Vodafone are ripping customer off however there is only 1 network that offers more data at such a rate at the moment which seems to be Three (their MIFI deal is good if you have the £79.99). All other operators seem to be offering 1GB for £15 and some of them i dont even seem to be able to find the PAYG offering for the modems on PAYG.

It would look like Vodafone actually have the better deal here still even after the reduction in data.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

3 do 3GB for £15 on PAYG so you couldn't have looked very hard, I left 3 to come with voda (what a mistake) once my voda date allowance runs out bye bye Voda.

Jebelious
should have re-worded as i found the three option, but they are the exception as everyone else seems to be offering around the same.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

Being old and a bit afraid of change my main concern is removing PROPERLY without messing up my computer, the VMC Lite software, thus allowing me to load another network's dongle software on to my computer. I feel chained to Vodafone in order to at least have Internet access as I don't have cable or ADSL at home.

Just unplug the dongle then uninstall from the add/remove section wait til it's removed resart your pc, you dont say if your useing a PAYG dongle or your in a contract with voda whatever you use your certanly not "chained" to voda

According to Vodafone there is a special removal procedure as certain registry changes have taken place and you also need to go into Device Manager and make changes there. It is not as simple as you suggest because i tried Add/Remove when I thought that the installation had not gone properly, last November when I started with them.
I had to do a restore in order to get a proper re-install etc.
I'm using PAYG and have been quite happy with the service and very rarely use more than 2GB but any excess I tend to use by viewing a few youtube videos or iPlayer to use up some before the 30 day expiration periiod. Now, I will not have this option.
r

I've removed my voda dongle twice now and had no problems as you say"special removal procedure as certain registry changes have taken place and you also need to go into Device Manager and make changes there" well that's a new one to me, could you give me a link to the special removal procedure would like to have a look at it.