Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WinXP SP3 and ZTE K3565-z install problem

9fingers
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

OS Winxp home edition SP3 running on Dell d420 notebook All OS updates have been performed

Software version VMC Lite 9.3.6.12095 as installed on the ZTE K3565-Z Broadband dongle.

Drivers seem to load OK and within device manager, Query Modem returns data and the IMEI etc

So I conclude the hardware is OK.

No red crosses or yellow Q marks in any of the drivers.

Software apears to load OK but then comes up with an error

C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Connect\Opco\00000 default\00000.XML
Program error!

I have de-installed, restarted and re-loaded the application several times with the same effect.

Files attached to show drivers and the XML file referred to in the error message

I can see from searching the forum that others have posted about this error but have not found any details of anyone finding a solution.

I have also tried the latest version of the full software version 10.2.302.33178

but this comes up with a differerent error - see attached file

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 9fingers,

I must admit that this is a strange one however, it looks like a VMB or VMC issue rather than a modem issues.

To verify this please can you try the modem on a different PC with a different Operating system or try to setup a manual dial up connection using the details below;

1. Go to Control Panel and select System (visible when viewing in Classic View) and then Device Manager from the left hand menu
  2. Expand the Modems heading and go into properties for the Vodafone Mobile Broadband modem
  3. Go to the Advanced tab
  4. Enter the initialisation command as AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”internet”
  5. Click apply and ok

Once done create a new dial up networking connection as follows:

1. Start Menu / Control Panel / Network andSharingCenter/ Set up a connection or network
  2. Choose “Connect to the Internet”
  3. Ensure ”No, create a new connection” is selected and click Next
  4. Click on ”Dial-Up”
  5. Select  the Vodafone Modem  (if there are no other modems installed on the system you will not see this option).
  6. Enter the Phone number:  *99***1#
  7. Username & Password = web & web
  8. “Connection Name” = a name of your choosing.
  9. Click “Connect” to complete and test the connection. Note: Please ensure Vodafone Mobile Connect/Vodafone Mobile Broadband is not running before attempting the connection.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

I have one other PC, a desktop and that runs XP3 SP3 Pro. The modem installs perfectly on that machine as designed and connects perfectly

However that is not the machine that I need the modem on.
The XP3SP3 home edition Laptop is the one that i need to go mobile.

I followed your instructions and I can now connect via the Vodem

However, I don't have the functionality of the Application such as seeing ho much data I have used and the ability to type and send texts etc.

Is there a way to get this functionality on the XP home machine.   I cannot contemplate upgrading the OS to XP3 Pro there is too much invested on that machine to start again.

Thanks again - we are making progress

Bob

Hi 9fingers,

Many thanks for getting back to me, as you have said we are making progress in the way that we know that it isn’t an issue with the modem but simply it connecting using the Windows XP SP3 home edition.

As this is definitely a software issue please can you try the following version of 10.0.201 and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Looking at the technical specifications and the requirements for all the versions currently available it should work with your modem and Windows combinations.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

Hi James,

I'm sorry to say that this step did not work. The software appeared to install OK and the machine restarted OK but when i ran the application, an error message appeared. see attached file.

I have also attached the file in question itself.

I appreciate your continued help.

Bob

Here is the XML file which did not seem to attach to the last mail

Third time lucky? I've zipped the file this time

Bob

Hi 9fingers,

I must admit that this one has me stumped so I have flagged this with our VMC boffins to see what they can come up with.

James