Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wireless 3G Router with Modem (PAYG)

rodstocker
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I shall be visiting the UK on infrequent occasions. As I want to stay in touch with my emails and access the Internet I have purchased a 3G Wirelss Router with inbuilt modem (Solwise NET-3G-434T). This will enable me to connect my laptop (and my wife's Ipad) to the Internet. All I now need is a suitable 3G Data SIM Card to insert into the Router.

So, I am looking for a PAYG Data SIM Card. I would prefer, for various reasosn, to buy one from Vodafone. However, I am having difficulty on the web site to identify a suitable SIM and the details.

I do not want to pay a monthly fixed amount. I simply want to pay for a SIM Card up front and then top it up (at an ATM or online) when I visit the UK. i.e. I want a simple PAYG system.

Can anyone help me please and identify a suitable SIM Card?

3 REPLIES 3

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Can anyone help me please and identify a suitable SIM Card?

I don't believe that Vodafone offers currently any PAYT SIM which is non-expiring. If, however, you were willing to top up each time, and potentially lose any remaining credit between visits, a SIM out of one of the dongles should work, I believe.

Neil

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
You can get either 30 day pre-pay, or true payg
Details are here http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/on-your-pc-or-mac/internet-dongles/index.htm

the PAYG is £24.99 to start, including 500MB or 60 days whatever comes 1st... after that it is £5 for 250mb/30 days.

Thanks for info. Shame that the Vodafone shop didn't know about this when I was in the UK. As a result I used the 3 PAYG data 3G SIM that I bought before I went to the UK. This lasts for 30 days and allows 1Gb of data. I can top it up whenever I visit the UK simply by accessing my account and adding £10 which lasts for 30 days (bit tricky to set this up but persevered and managed to get 3 tech support to understand). I have to activate the SIM every 6 months.