Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Yet another top-up problem...

Toad70
3: Seeker

Yet again I'm having problems with the online top-up system.
I've gone through the process and got the "your top-up is successful" screen but it still hasn't shown up yet... I know it says it can take up to 10 minutes but I did it nearly an hour ago.
It seems like everytime one problem with the system gets sorted someone changes something and its broken again....

Edit to add:
On my account page on the website it shows balance as 0 of 3GB used. On my dongle wifi page it shows no balance so where is it lost inbetween??? 

9 REPLIES 9

Toad70

so 24 hours later and still no credit showing...   

Doesn't look like I'm the only one either...

Hi @Toad70,

We have no access to your account via the eForum.

To discuss this issue and get it sorted, have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt

having spent 2 hours on the phone being passed around and they still can't fix it I very much doubt anyone there can help. I'm currently waiting for someone to call me back when they work out if and how they can sort something out.....  

Don't hold out much hope at this point....

Having seen the number of topics that have popped up with similar problems and after the address fiasco last year I'm seriously considering changing networks at this point. Don't want to as vodafone has the better coverage and pack setups but if I can't use it, it doesn't seem much point. 

Now on day 5 with no internet and having to use a borrowed dongle.

Hi @Toad70,

Our Live help team have full access to your account and can deal with this.

Please speak to them and I assure you, they'll be able to help.

Thanks,

Matt

I've now been given a new sim and number along with a top to replace the lost data pack. The trouble is it appears to be set as a phone one not a broadband one as when I ring 191 and put the number in it just tells me how to get my balance on the phone then hangs up!
I've put the top up on it but now have no way to convert it to data. I've made an account but it won't show a balance and tells me there's no credit when I try to get a data pack. I can't find a way to get through to anyone via 191, it just keeps refering me back to the website.

The link above just takes me through to a page where I can make selections for help pages (none of which are what I need) or linking back to this forum.

Is it too much to ask that I can speak to an actual person to sort this fiasco out....

Yet again I can't top up as the topup page is "undergoing maintainance"-for the last 24 hours. 

having spent 2 days trying to get a topup put on the last time as I had to use a voucher which I then couldn't convert and 2 more trips into the local store I am less than impressed with the ongoing issues vodafone seem to have with the concept of customer service.

Once again I am having to use a friends wifi dongle at a cost of £2 per day as I can't get the vodafone one to work. This is only a month or so after having to make an entirely new account after getting told that the problem someone created trying to topup on my previous sim couldn't be fixed (they didn't know how). That meant using alternative internet for most of a month.

When I try ringing the service number and enter the number for my dongle it simply tells me to text for a balance then hangs up. If I put my mobile phone number in I still haven't yet found a way to get through the countless menu options to get to speak to a human.  
The only reason I've stuck with vodafone for mobile broadband this long is because it gives the best (although still crap)signal where I am. This however is (Removed according to House Rules) ridiculous and I'll be going to find something else on my next day off.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Toad70

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues again. 

Please speak to our Live help team and we can look into this further. 

I'll also feed back your comments. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

WE CANT ACCESS LIVE HEL....TELL US HOW PLEASE

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Toad70 and @mco1970

To speak with Live help, you need to select ‘Looking for something else?’ and then ‘Can’t find what you’re looking for?’.

They’ll be able to look into everything further.

Thanks,

Jenny