Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

btopenzone

GTilf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I get 2 free gb of btopenzone wifi in my contract but i can't seem to connect to it, everytime i enter my username and password on the start up page, it says that its incorrect?

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Grayman
16: Advanced member

Hi,

In addition to t0m's post, have you registered your MyAccount details for the WiFi service through vodafone.co.uk/wifi?

Not all BTOpenzone hotspots are available to use as part of your WiFi Package.  If the phone picks up a Premium hotspot (Cafe, Club etc), the landing page will normally show Vodafone as an option, and allow you to log on through that.  If you pick up a BTFON hotspot, whilst this is still a BT Hotspot, you will have no access to it as it is for BT Customers only.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

t0m
4: Newbie

Are you definitely using the same e-mail and password that you use for MyAccount? 

Grayman

Hi,

In addition to t0m's post, have you registered your MyAccount details for the WiFi service through vodafone.co.uk/wifi?

Not all BTOpenzone hotspots are available to use as part of your WiFi Package.  If the phone picks up a Premium hotspot (Cafe, Club etc), the landing page will normally show Vodafone as an option, and allow you to log on through that.  If you pick up a BTFON hotspot, whilst this is still a BT Hotspot, you will have no access to it as it is for BT Customers only.

That must be the reason, I'm trying to connect to an openzone hotspot at home and there is no vodafone logo at the startup page. Thank you for your help.

I have the same problem, but that is not my solution.

I also have 2gig of BTOpenzone access with my contract.

Today for example i am trying to access via my laptop. I see in the wifi list BTOpenzone-B.

I connect to it, get the BTOpenzone landing page. I select Vodafone UK from the drop down menu and am taken to the vodafone log in page.

I enter my username & password but it tells me they are incorrect.

I have acessed this way before. So yes I have registered for wifi etc etc.

What is going on?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bikerxxuk,

Thanks for the heads up. Have you been able to access this hot spot previously and are you able to access other hotspots OK? Also has there been any changes to your tariff lately that may be affecting your registration details or tariff add ons? If you'd like my team to jump in and see if it's anything our end, feel free to get in touch using the instructions I've sent via Private Message. You can find your PM inbox here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

The BT openzone works fine at BN7 1YB and quite well at BN2 0LG but never at all at BN3 3BN

I use the same equipment in all three locations – a new iPhone 5S and a new Mac Pro 13”. I use the same login and password all three.

I have rung BT who say that because I can access its pages for its purposes (logging in, BT related problems) but not access using my Vodafone user name and password, it’s a Vodafone problem.

Last week when I called you, you said that I should delete my present memorised login, delete my login name and password altogether and start afresh with new details in the hope that it worked at BN3 3BN but without any guarantee of it working in the other two places. What a palaver, no thanx.

However, no one in BT nor in Vodafone knew about the variability of access to BT hotspots such as discussed here.

Apologises for hijacking your thread but ! spent 6 months getting the run around from vodafone regarding the whole bt openzone thing and felt the need to rant it off my chest..
The offer of the 500mb extra mobile broadband was quite a selling point to me - but its been over a year now and I still haven't been been able to take advantage of this "service". Support had me try all sorts of things to fix the issue and enable the service - even had me delete and reinstall my whole online account, all with no joy. What none of the support people (or the sales people for that matter) thought to inform me is that there are a whole bunch of different bt openzones and the vodafone offer only worked on one of these. Not that I've ever found out exactly which one it is - I live in one of the most populated areas i Europe but finding a bt openzone that lets me log in turned out to be as elusive as it was frustrating. From what I have heard the only places you can find it are at airports and airport hotels - not exactly areas I pass by very often.

While its obviously disappointing finding out that a service I thought would be super useful is in fact next to pointless, what really saddens me is the reaction of vodafone support.  Either they are ignorant of the details of their own offer or they are aware but don't want to admit how useless it actually it it. I'm not sure which possibility is worse. The one thing that is certain - any trust i might have had for vodafone is pretty much shot.

Hi @danskr,

Sorry to hear the experience you've been having.

To discuss this further,I've sent you a private message with how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Rodney 

Thanks for the offer of help Rodny but its a bit late in the day now - I was just letting off steam in the hope that vodafone might be a bit more honest when it presents its special offers to its customers - mobile wifi / entertainment packs and so on. I already wasted much of my time trying to make use of the mobile wifi offer and now Ive been switched to the 4g package so its not even on my radar any more.