Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

internet dongle, pay as u go ? Really urgent

ninajeanette
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought one of these and i was told it would last as long as i have Gb on it but now i think i read it only lasts  30 days at the time.

when i bought this i told the vodafone lady in the  shop i d only use it on and off and i would not be in uk all the time, i d travel back and  forth, every few months.

question is when i bought tht pay as u go dongle for 25 pounds will that only last 30 days from the day i bought it?

i still have "money" on it so to not loose all th money can i use this when i m  in spain this week?

i know i can fill the dongle up again but i relly need to know if it only last 30 days from the day i used it first..... and if i fill it up will it only last 30 days?

4 REPLIES 4

bertyb
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Most of the recent ones need topped up after 30 days even if you don't use your allowance, some of the early ones were non-expiring, but if you have recently bought it, it will almost certainly be the expiring one, if you can check the APN I think you can tell, its not my field of expertise

Retired-Woody
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ninajeanette,

If this has been purchased recently, then you will be on one of the expiring tariffs. A few of the older version have been about, but mainly through 3rd party retailers. The best way to keep an eye on this is via your My Account.

In regards to using your device abroad, you can find more about the charges on our roaming charges page.

Woody

eForum Team

If you were told when you bought it that it would NOT run out, then I would go back to the shop and take it back. Possibly contact traiding standards for some advice.

I just bought a K3770 from Currys with 2 months (of 30 days) top up for £20 with 250Mbit/month, the allowance starts from the day you hit connect for the first time, it will run out in 30 days. I assume the second 30 days will start from that time in my case.

Cheers

Alun