Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

k3772 dongle issues with windows 8 !

binks199
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have recently got myself a vodafone k3772 dongle but i cannot connect to the internet, i have a hp laptop running windows 8.

the dongle gets signal and connects but has limited connection.

i have used the same dongle in 2 other laptops and it works in both of them, one running xp and the other running vista.

someone please help me !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi,

thanks for that download, its worked a treat !

thanks once again guys

View solution in original position

35 REPLIES 35

headcheese
16: Advanced member

Hi,

What's the model of HP latop that you have (it's probably written on the back of the laptop)?

The reason I ask is I've run into a couple of probelms like this with some Windows 8 systems, but not others, so I'm wondering if it's something to do with specific models.

Also, have you installed the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software from the K3772? If so what version is it that you have installed?

If you could let us knwo it woudl be great and we'll probably be able to get to the bottom of things.

Thanks in advance

thanks for your reply, the details are as follows......

my laptop is HP Pavilion G6

yes i installed k3772 software and the software is 10.3.209.40724

thanks

headcheese

Hi,

Thanks for this, it was the numbers after the G6 bit that I was interested in... any chance you could post this information?

Again, thanks in advance.

hi,

HP Pavilion G6 - 22445A

thanks

headcheese

Hi,

Thanks for the model information.

I think that you might be able to get things working by:

1) Uninstalling Vodafone Mobile Broadband from prgrams and features int he control pannel

2) Downlaoding, extracting and running the clean up tool that can be obtained here (tick both settings and data when presented with the option)

3) Unplugging the dongle

4) Rebooting your machine 

5) Plugging the dongle back in

Then once you've done this go to the start screen (the crazy new one with all the tiless on it)

Put the mouse in the bottom righ thand corner of the screen to access the charms

Click the cog icon to get at the settings

You might have to click a connections iucon at this point, but you might not. You're looking for a Vodafone UK connection in the "Mobile Broadband" section.

You shoudl be able to click on the Vodafone UK connection to reveal a connect button, and clicking this should get you connected to the web

If clicking connect gives you an error you may have to play around with your APN settings. To get at the APN settings right click on the Vodafone UK connection in the Mobile BRoadband section and click on"View conneciton properties", then click the "profile" tab. Set the "access point" to "Custom" and fill in the Access point name (APN), username and password according to the type of account you have that can be found here.

If you find that the situation is the same, as you had before, or if you run into any further issues then let us know and we'll see what else we can do to help.

Cheers

HC

hi,

thanks for your swift reply.

do have to be online with my laptop to run this clean up tool ? or can i download it onto another computer and copy it across to mine ?

thanks

headcheese

No worries,

You should be fine downloading it on another PC and then copying it across.

Let us know how you get on and if you run into problems just give us a shout.

Cheers

HC

hi,

i have run the programme and followed the instructions its one step closer as i no longer have the "limited connectivity" logo in the bottom right of the screen but it still wont access any web pages.

headcheese

So I guess it's progress of sorts, but it's a shame you can't browse web pages.

Can you browse to an IP address?

If you put 74.125.132.103 in the address bar of the web browser and press return does it load the google web page?

In all honesty I don;t think it will, but it woudl be good to rule this out.

I'll have a look into things over the weekend and see if I can work anything else out. Sorry it's not an instant win, but I'll post here if I get any success.