Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

k3772 dongle issues with windows 8 !

binks199
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have recently got myself a vodafone k3772 dongle but i cannot connect to the internet, i have a hp laptop running windows 8.

the dongle gets signal and connects but has limited connection.

i have used the same dongle in 2 other laptops and it works in both of them, one running xp and the other running vista.

someone please help me !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi,

thanks for that download, its worked a treat !

thanks once again guys

View solution in original position

35 REPLIES 35

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jaff90110

I can see headcheese is doing his best to offer you help :Smiling:

Can you make sure you use the APN "SMART" rather than pp.vodafone.co.uk?

Thanks

Sukhi

I used both of them after SMART not work then I put PP.VODAFONE.CO.UK  it's not work either.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jaff90110,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We’ll flag this with our support teams and will be back in touch as soon as we have more information.

Thanks

Jenny

Hi jaff90110,

Thanks for your patience.

As there is no light showing on the modem when you plug it in, this means that the dongle isn’t receiving power from the USB port.

With USB, 2 pins are used for power and 2 for connectivity and device communication. So even with nothing installed to do with the dongle, a light should still come on.

You know the dongle is OK as it works with his Windows 7 system. So this is looking like it’s something related to the computer and maybe it’s USB port.

Essentially, until a light comes on the dongle, you won’t be able to establish a connection and there are a few things to try.

Make sure the laptop is on mains power

Disable power management

Try multiple USB ports

Check other device work in the USB ports

Also, which service pack are you running?

Which level of USB they have? (2.0 would be best)

James

Hi James,

I have this exact (I think) same issue with my K3772 dongle, shows as limited connection- wont let me browse web pages etc. Rang vodafone support and couldnt find a solution. Downloaded the original software on the dongle, andn then tried updated software on a vodafone website- no good. I have a VIZIO CT14 thin+light ultrabook. If you get this message please can you email me the same file you sent binks199, so I can try that. Thank you!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jados01 

Thanks for your post. 

First we need you to uninstall any Mobile broadband software that currently have, and reinstall the latest version. 

If you're still having the same issue, please follow the instructions that I've sent you on a private message

Thanks, 

Amanda