Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

k5008 - Z driver on Windows 8

norcar
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I received a K5008-Z dongle when I upgraded my contract from 3G to 4G but the dongle will not work on my Windows 8 PC.

I have removed the previous version of VMB, run the VMB_Cleanup programme, installed the latest VMB. 

I have gone into the Device Manager and removed the recognisable Vodafone components.

Nothing has worked - the PC does not recognise the dongle.  After plugging the dongle into the USB port, the PC comes back with 'Driver Power State Failure' and goes into a cycle of shutting down and restarting.

The dongle itself is ok because it works on my partner's Windows 7 PC.

I could really do with some help!

7 REPLIES 7

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @norcar,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

Do you have more than one USB port to test the dongle on?

Try downloading the latest software from here for your dongle to see if that helps it to launch.

Cheers,

Ben

I have the same problem. I have tried it in a different port but it doesnt work. It works on any other PC or laptop not running on Windows 8. I even went into customer service but they could not even help me.

Hi

I'm having similar problems with a K4201-Z  .... I've looked at the drivers and they are for an older K3805-Z... there's another guy having problems too.

Would be nice to hear from someone who's managed to install the latest VMB software on a Win8 laptop.

Cheers

Billy

Hi @jaco45 @billythewizz,

For more information on using Windows 8 please see here.

Alternatively, for immediate support please get in touch via Live help.

Thanks,

Rodney  

Hi Rodney

Thanks ... but I should have added that I also have a K4505 ... which is working fine ( Huawei  drivers are in the vmb software)

Cheers

Billy

Hi,

I tried Ben's suggestions but the k5008 dongle still did not work.

I have given up for the time being and gone back to the old dongle and 3G.

Regards,

Norman

Hi @norcar @billythewizz 

So we can look into this, please contact us via Live help.

Thanks,

Rodney