Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ping times

ramzez
4: Newbie

Just before moving back to vodafone i was testing the location i am in using pay as you go card and ping times were between 89ms - 120ms (full signal 3G), sometimes more, now the same location ping times about 200ms, any plans on fixing ping times across the network ?

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-AndyD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ramzez,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue having completed these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Andy

as usual a standard reply. that's more a generic question

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ramzez,

When it comes to the ping time we do need to know the postcode of where you were when you completed the ping test which is why one of our Moderators pointed you to the network troubleshooting thread.

If you can let me know the postcode I can see what is happening in the area as the drop can be due to a network issue or even updates being completed for you.

Unfortunately without this information we can’t say for sure.

James

sure the postcode is N5 1RA, it Highbury & Islington station, the speeds are great but the ping time is not so much

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ramzez

Thanks for your post here and for your postcode. I’ve just looked at the cell site you are connecting too at that location (1608) and can confirm your slightly larger ping times will be due to congestion on the site.

Can you tell me if this improves at certain times of the day? (Outside of 8am – 6pm peak times.)

There is a planned site in that very location (Site 79098) that should eleaviate some of the load on site 1608 so once this comes up and running, you should see better ping times. Unfortunately I can’t give you any timescales as to when this site will be operational.

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

If you have a spare m

inute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here