Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

usb modem K3565 ;install problem

lepatron
Not applicable
I have a Dell Vostro 1700, I brought a K3565 the other day as I thought I would get better coverage than my T-mobile device has.

I plugged the dongle into a usb port and everything looked fine until it fell over during the install - I kept trying but with no sign of a happy ending in sight.

I dowloaded the softfware recomended in a previous post since I have the same problem. it downloaded fine & unzipped with no problems, and ran the exe file, again all looked god until the same issue cropped up and the install failed.

I am fairly certain that this is a Vista issue rather than the dongle but I am hoping someone on here can offer a solution.

I have a dongle that looks very nice but does not do what I brought it to do.
3 REPLIES 3

daveastra
13: Advanced Member
hi there, have you checked that your firewall and any antivirus are fully disabled while installing VMC as sometimes this can cause issues, just remember to turn them back on after install

lepatron
Not applicable
hi there, have you checked that your firewall and any antivirus are fully disabled while installing VMC as sometimes this can cause issues, just remember to turn them back on after install

No I hadn't but I will give that a go - thanks

Retired-MattyD1
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi leoatron

It looks like another good suggestion from daveastra - thanks dave :)

Let us know how you get on with it.

Don't forget that we've also got plenty of Hints and Tips here too.

Many thanks

MattyD

eForum team