Support:

Network Queries

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
BarryGoodwin

BA2 Bath Intermittent Service Issues

Hi, I have always had a good signal here until 3 days ago when the signal dropped altogether. Your website acknowledged a problem , fair enough, but then the last 2 days says there are no known issues. I went on Online Chat and eventually the operator said there was a problem but would not say what it was or when it would be fixed.. It is obviously something serious to take this long and I am concerned its affecting my business activities. Why is VF being so evasive and not saying there is a problem on the web site ? why can you not be honest with your customers ? I was offered free days for the time the NW is down but its costing me more than that !!

Message 1 of 43 (1,218 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
JeremyBond

Re: BA2 Bath Intermittent Service Issues

Yes, I have no service now for 3 days - Please can you say when this is going to be resolved - I am at BA2 7JW

Message 2 of 43 (1,206 Views)
JeremyBond

Also the other main networks are available - I am now preparing to move from Vodafone unless this can be sorted out quickly - Or, at the very least that Vodafone can acknowledge the problem as they don't say there is any problem on the signal checker - YUK - Just what we need at Christmas eh :smileysad:

Message 3 of 43 (1,205 Views)
BarryGoodwin

I hot through to a manager via chat. He said the engineers were aware and were working on the issue. A station (532 I think ) is down. I stressed that this has been for 3 days now and he said he would escalate and send me a message when it's resolved. Very open ended though !!!
Message 4 of 43 (1,203 Views)
JeremyBond

Thanks Barry - I appreciate you letting me know - good wishes, Jeremy

Message 5 of 43 (1,197 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi BarryGoodwin,

Can you let us know your full postcode please?

Hi JeremyBond,

Thanks for your post.

Your local site (852) looks to be having a few issues. So that we can look into this for you, get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 43 (1,171 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Hi Wayne
My full post code is BA2 7BL but other near post codes are also affected. There is still no service this morning, the fourth day. Having had over 10 years of reasonably good service kit seems crazy to me that a station can be down for four consecutive days. It really needs fixing urgently as it's affecting business and social life.
Thanks
Barry
Message 7 of 43 (1,166 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi BarryGoodwin,

You’re being affected by site 852 too. So that we can investigate this, get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 43 (1,128 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Hi Wayne,
Yes I know I am affected by 852 being down ! I reported it four days ago. What I need to know is what is being done to fix it and when will it be fixed please ?
Message 9 of 43 (1,124 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi BarryGoodwin,

You only gave us your postcode yesterday, so that we could confirm you’re being affected by the same site.

You need to get in touch with us, using the information I sent you in the private message. We’ll then be able to raise this to our engineers for you.

Thanks

Wayne

Message 10 of 43 (1,103 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Wayne , I responded to your private message with the details requested. Which bit about 'there is no VF service in BA2 7BL ' is confusing you ? It's already acknowledged that station 852 is down and affecting people in this area. Please tlell me when it will be fixed or be honest and tell me it will not be fixed so I can move to another supplier.
This is the most irritating and abysmal service that I have ever had the misfortune to experience. How can I get good coverage for over 10 years and then it disappear and you are pretending that you don't know there is an issue. I am planning to seek a wider audience for this complaint
Message 11 of 43 (1,094 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi BarryGoodwin

We don’t respond to PM’s. In the PM Wayne sent you there would be a link on how to contact us directly.

We need you to email the info through the secure web form as it contains personal information.

I appreciate that you’re saying there’s no signal in your area at the moment; however without customer examples our engineers won’t be able to check what’s happening.

Thanks

Simon

Message 12 of 43 (1,088 Views)
BarryGoodwin

[ Edited ]

###### you know there is a station down in this area. It's nothing to do with my phone as I drive a couple of miles and it's OK . Fix it or lose my business

Message 13 of 43 (1,086 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Let me also say I used to be in software support for VF with a large software supplier. If anything went wrong VF were the most demanding and unreasonable customers imaginable . YET YOU !!!!!
I have spoken to 3 people on chat, responded to loads of mails and still you will give no details or updates on an issue I know you know about.
Message 14 of 43 (1,085 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi BarryGoodwin

If we knew about it, it would be on our Network Updates and Network Status Checker.

As it’s not, we need details to raise a case.

If you’re unwilling to provide them there is little further we can do.

Thanks

Simon

Message 15 of 43 (1,081 Views)
BarryGoodwin

First of all I think you are talking rubbish. But  ! Tell me again what you need to know and I will provide every bit of information. However keep in mind that I have kept a full log of this convseration and intend to give it  as wider an audience as possible.

Message 16 of 43 (1,067 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Also ! your Network Updates are not accurate. When I was on chat it showed 'No Known Issues' But your operatives investigated and came back saying there were issues and that there was a station down and that it was not showing because you only refresh the site every 72 hours. The acid test is that I have had 'no service' for 5 days . I have spoken to many of your people that have acknowledged an issue and you are pushing back as though it was my problem !

Please can I have the bnname of your boss Simon ?

Message 17 of 43 (1,066 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Now no service for 6 conscutive days. Is anybody doing anything to fix this problem?
Message 18 of 43 (1,051 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi BarryGoodwin,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jenny

Message 19 of 43 (1,046 Views)
BarryGoodwin

Jenny,
You are the third person on this blog that has asked for the same information which I have provided ( Simon and Wayne previously ) plus Raul and another guy on chat who said that they knew what the problem was, it was a station down 852, Surely your systems can not be so bad that I have communicated with 5 different people at least and have been given NO help in resolving the situation whatsoever. Words fail me :-( however I will reply once more to your PM in the vain hope that we get some answers to the problem. Six days now with no service after 10 years of good service. If it is not resolved after Christmas I will cancel my contract with VF , without penalty and go to O2 who my wife is with and enjoys a much better level of service here
Message 20 of 43 (1,043 Views)