Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Juke50

No signal

Hi, I have lived at the same address for many years, and used a smatphone on Vodafone with no problems, but for the last week or so I have been unable to load web pages, the data keeps saying discontinued as service is unavailable. I have visited two stores and spoken twice to an advisor on live chat, one store assistant told me there is nothing they can do as the coverage in my area is poor for 3G, this i do not understand as I have had no problems for 5 years. So have you removed a mast? The other store assistant checked my phone and said some internet settings needed changing, this she did and the phone ;loaded a web page in the store, but 2 minutes after leaving the store the connection said service not available. One member of satff told me to connect via WI-Fi I said I am paying a contract for data, and want the phone to work as it should. The Vodafone site stated that all was working Ok, no issues, but I have just spoken to an advisor on vodafones 191 service, she has confirmed to me that it is Vodafones signal that is at fault, and asked me to post on this forum, So after 5 years I now have an internet phone that does not connect to the internet. One of your staff suggested I buy the Sure signal unit, I said why should I pay for something to make my phone work, im already paying for that service, please advise me of the way forward, and will I be compensated in any way for paying for a service I am not receiving? My contract has 6 months to run, I am very frustrated you are supposed to be the top provider and I have bought a very good phone from you The HTC ONE X switching provider is very much on the cards when my contract is up.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10 (1,385 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Re: No signal

Hi Juke50

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 10 (1,367 Views)
Juke50

Hi James, my phone wrks fine in other areas, and towns, but I can not load web pages when at home or in my home town, Vodafone help line has confirmed it is their fault as they have a significant psoblem with a mast near me, the coverage is variable, and states that it is only good outdoors, I have been out and about where I live and still cannot load web pages, my phone works fine if I connect to wifi anywhere, i have followed the network checks, and powering off the phone, settings have been checked by Vodafone staff and are correct, they also tell me it is a signal problem in my area, as for using sure signal I understand it requires a home broadband connection, I do not have such a connection as I use Mi-Fi from Three for my broadband which works fine, but I do not wish to pay for something else to make my phone fit for the purpose it was purcased for. My frustration levels are rising,my phone worked fine all day at work, when I got home I tried to load a web page and nothing after 5 minutes of watching the little circle go round, there is no fault with my phone, or the settings, the fault is with Vodafones signal to my home, but I have had no problem before, so why do I have a problem now? and what are Vodafone going to do about it?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 10 (1,354 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi juke50,

Please post the completed template here and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Jenny 

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 10 (1,323 Views)
Juke50

Hi Jenny, you are the sixth Vodafone person I have spoken to regarding Vodafone not providing me with a 3G signal at home and around my home area, I dont understand what template you are asking for, it is quite simple My phone is fine everywhere else apart from my home town, I canbt keep telling Vodafone staff the same story, I am very frustrated, my phone does not load web pages in my home town or my home address, your own advisor has told me that it is Vodafones signal at fault during my conversation on the 191 help line, and she apologised to me from the bottom of her heart, the sure signal unit which one of your staff advised me to buy is not an option as I dont have a home landline broadband unit, also I have no intention of buying something else to make my phone fit for its intended use, when I already pay a substantial contract with you to make my phone fit for its intended use. I have been with Vodafone for many years, in fact I have never had a phone with any other provider, but I have a Mi-Fi unit from three at my home address, which performs flawlessly, I am tired of explaining my problem time and time again, to Live chat operators, store staff, your phone help line, the E Forum, Tech team , and now yourself, I cant wait for my contract to end in May so that I can switch providers, in the meantime I am paying you for a contract that does not provide the service that it is required to provide, my question has been countless times, why can I no longer get a signal at home from Vodafone that I have been receiving for many years, and its clear that it is Vodafones signal at fault, so my question now is what are Vodafone going to do about it?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 10 (1,313 Views)
Tech Team
Jenny

Hi juke50,

Please take a look at our troubleshooting thread.

Step 7 is a template that we need you to copy, paste and complete this so that we can investigate this fully.

Thanks,

Jenny

Message 6 of 10 (1,286 Views)
Juke50

Thanks for the reply, we'll just forget it , No more describing the problem, I'll move to Three in May.

Thank you.
Message 7 of 10 (1,278 Views)
Juke50

I put a  Three Sim card in my phone today, I now have internet wherever I go, including lightning fast browsing at my home address and surrounding area, HAPPY DAYS!  I am now counting down the days to end a 20 year association with Vodafone.

Message 8 of 10 (1,184 Views)
Juke50

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. S43 chesterfield

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Just at my home address and surrounding areas, approx 5 miles

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.S43 3TT

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No errors showing

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? Around Xmas time

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent, at my home address, its fine elsewhere

I am posting this template to see if Vodafone are going to compensate me for being unable to load web pages on my phone at my home address, which now appears to be a permanent issue, my contract phone is unfit for its intended use, unless I put in another providers sim card, in which case it then works perfectly.

Message 9 of 10 (973 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Juke50,

We can only offer a line rental refund for a complete network outage in your area that’s lasted three or more days.

As this is only a data connectivity issue, we wouldn’t be able to raise a refund for this time.

Looking at the area I can see that there is next to no 3G coverage at the moment which means that all traffic is going through 2G.

This shouldn’t stop the web pages form loading but it will take longer than if you were on a 3G connection.

From what I can see everything looks fine with your serving site 11520.

If you would like us to look into this further and raise a case to our network teams, please contact the team here.

James

Message 10 of 10 (958 Views)