Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g issue in city centre

gazmix
4: Newbie
Hi

I live in the city centre and all's been good up to last Friday when I started having problems using 4g.
It says 4g on the phone but only 1 of the little arrows shows. This happens within I'd say of a 100m Sq radius of my home, then further I go away it gets better.
If i go to settings-mobile networks and change my preferred network to 3g all's cool.
Help appreciated.
35 REPLIES 35

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gazmix We'll update you as soon as we hear any news. 

Thanks.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gazmix We've recently performed a site test within this area and can confirm that we were able to utilise 4G services successfully. 

Kindly let us know if you're still experiencing issues. 

gazmix
The 4g signal has over the last few days returned more regularly but still isn't 100%.
The man in the shop says there's a mast problem as there's been lots of demolition going on at the moment.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gazmix We're not aware of any mast issues within your postal proximity. 

What type of issue are you experincing? 

If it's in relation to your upload/download speed, please let us know your the typical speeds that you're currently getting. 

You'll be able to test this by downloading our NetPerform app or a third party app. 

gazmix
It's not download speed it's just I have only 3g in my area. I should have gotten a reduced bill for the last 3 months as I'm not getting what I pay for.

PedroC1999
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You are not paying for access to a specific RAT layer.